Oil facilites

  • barryem
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2005
      I can't figure out how to build an oil facility. I get on the
      contruction menu and select it and it won't save. The city is next
      to water with 2 oily places adjacent. I have an engineer there.

      Any ideas?

      By the way the manual needs some work with respect to this. I can't
      find any mention of how to do it. It either needs to be there or be
      locatable.

      Barry
    • whineywright
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2005
        If the oily places are in water you will need seebees not
        engineers. engineers are land based only.

        Whiney

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2005
          As I mentioned in the  previous post:

          It must be built on top of a resource to be able to exploit it.

          So trying to build it somewhere else will not do you any good. Oil Facilities DO NOT MOVE.

          If the Engineering Unit is inside of the city, he cannot construct anything. He must be in the open. (This line probably is missing from the manual)

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 1, 2005
            --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Kinkead @ Killer Bee
            Software" <mok@k...> wrote:
            > As I mentioned in the previous post:
            >
            > It must be built on top of a resource to be able to exploit it.
            >
            > So trying to build it somewhere else will not do you any good. Oil
            Facilities DO NOT MOVE.

            > If the Engineering Unit is inside of the city, he cannot construct
            anything. He must be in the open. (This line probably is missing
            from the manual)

            Thanks. I'm beginning to see how it works now. I haven't (and
            won't) read the manual cover to cover. I look things up in it and
            read about them. This is slower but way less boring. I've never
            made it through a software (or hardware) manual yet. I've written
            many of them and I can't even get through my own. :)

            Barry
          • Randy.R
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 2, 2005
              I believe I had a destoyer hit a mine. I saw a very brief flash. But
              I can't find any report which says there was 'combat' against a mine.

              Is there such a report in EDEE?

              http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 9, 2005

                I did not respond to this but believe mine combat should be in the combat report. Will check on this.