Re: [empire-deluxe] new units continued

  • Dennis Emory
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 16, 2004
      I'm sorry to ask this, but where do I go to see these, and how do I do it?  Thanks.

      DENNIS EMORY
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 16, 2004

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 16, 2004
          sorry forgot to say...i made in new dir. in the file
          area called EDEE taste you can go there to see the newer stuff...

          --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "Antrine Kasalar" <Ukala@c...>
          wrote:

          20testing%21
          > %20%20ENJOY%21/new_units.jpg>
          > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/empire-deluxe/files/EDEE%20taste%
          20testing%21%
          > 20%20ENJOY%21/new_units.jpg
          >
          > Enjoy!!
          >

          > _____

          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129r45me6/M=315388.5497957.6576270.300117
          6/D=gr

          oups/S=1705056561:HM/EXP=1098079803/A=2372354/R=0/SIG=12id813k2/*https
          ://www
          > .orchardbank.com/hcs/hcsapplication?
          pf=PLApply&media=EMYHNL40F21004SS> click
          > here
          >
          > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
          M=315388.5497957.6576270.3001176/D=groups/S=
          > :HM/A=2372354/rand=872844731>
          >

          > _____
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          subject=Unsubscribe>

          Service
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 17, 2004
            I will just interject that after looking at sid6.7's screenshot, we determined there is a display bug originating from his machine.
            This causes the sentry letter "S" to appear transparent (which some people actually might like) and the oil facility is a little messed
            up graphically. Ah, the joys of multi-platforms.

            Here is a link to a file I sent him showing what some of the icons _should_ look like.

            EDEE will have all the capabilities that EDIE has in regards to changing the graphics, except I have adopted a "standard size" of 32x32 pixels
            for units and terrain images.

            Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2004 1:10 AM

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 17, 2004
              Hello Mark,
              Does this mean that graphics need to be in 32x32 pixel format to start?
              Thanks

              Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2004 1:10 AM

              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 17, 2004
                Yes it does.

                Each unit should be draw to 32x32.

                Terrain follows a specific format, but in the end ends up being a line of 32x32 images.

                All annotations (like the sentry symbols) as well are 32x32.

                The game will compress them to your preset zoom sizes at run time.

                This was necessary because of the database concepts and such. A standard was needed.

                Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2004 1:03 PM

                Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2004 1:10 AM

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 17, 2004
                  hehehheh i agree, im an old 98' dinosaur for sure...

                  WIN98 rules baby!!! woohoo.....

                  --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Kinkead @ Killer Bee
                  Software" <mok@k...> wrote:
                  > I will just interject that after looking at sid6.7's screenshot, we
                  determined there is a display bug originating from his machine.
                  > This causes the sentry letter "S" to appear transparent (which some
                  people actually might like) and the oil facility is a little messed
                  > up graphically. Ah, the joys of multi-platforms.
                  >
                  > Here is a link to a file I sent him showing what some of the icons
                  _should_ look like.

                  > http://killerbeesoftware.com/images/ovl.jpg
                  >

                  > EDEE will have all the capabilities that EDIE has in regards to
                  changing the graphics, except I have adopted a "standard size" of
                  32x32 pixels
                  > for units and terrain images.
                  >
                  > --Mark

                  of Service.
                • Pete Boggs

                    Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2004 1:10 AM

                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 18, 2004
                      As with EDIE, You will be able to adjust the graphics...and you would be able to make them transparent. I think it is one of those "happy accidents". I hope to get time to experiment with it myself. But I have a couple of slightly more pressing things atm. ;>

                      Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2004 1:10 AM

                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 18, 2004
                        And As with EDIE I was going to ask just that. ;)  This is going to be fun.

                        Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2004 1:10 AM