new units continued

  • dtsdesign
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 16, 2004
      as you can also see i am using CB's to create oil facities
      to increase my supply ability(cities) for my units...in EDEE
      there are land CB's and naval CB's navals make oil platforms
      and ports while land CB's can make roads,ports,oil wells,forts
      both can make mines fields too...yes i've walked into some
      and never walked out...

      in the snapshot i'm trying to exploit the eastern seabed for oil
      i have 1 running and as you can see a potential to the NE of
      my colony...

      ENJOY!

      1st waver sid6.7
    • Dennis Emory
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 16, 2004
        I'm sorry to ask this, but where do I go to see these, and how do I do it?  Thanks.

        DENNIS EMORY

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 16, 2004

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 16, 2004
            sorry forgot to say...i made in new dir. in the file
            area called EDEE taste you can go there to see the newer stuff...

            --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "Antrine Kasalar" <Ukala@c...>
            wrote:

            20testing%21
            > %20%20ENJOY%21/new_units.jpg>
            > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/empire-deluxe/files/EDEE%20taste%
            20testing%21%
            > 20%20ENJOY%21/new_units.jpg
            >
            > Enjoy!!
            >

            > _____

            <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129r45me6/M=315388.5497957.6576270.300117
            6/D=gr

            oups/S=1705056561:HM/EXP=1098079803/A=2372354/R=0/SIG=12id813k2/*https
            ://www
            > .orchardbank.com/hcs/hcsapplication?
            pf=PLApply&media=EMYHNL40F21004SS> click
            > here
            >
            > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
            M=315388.5497957.6576270.3001176/D=groups/S=
            > :HM/A=2372354/rand=872844731>
            >

            > _____
            >
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            subject=Unsubscribe>

            Service
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 17, 2004
              I will just interject that after looking at sid6.7's screenshot, we determined there is a display bug originating from his machine.
              This causes the sentry letter "S" to appear transparent (which some people actually might like) and the oil facility is a little messed
              up graphically. Ah, the joys of multi-platforms.

              Here is a link to a file I sent him showing what some of the icons _should_ look like.

              EDEE will have all the capabilities that EDIE has in regards to changing the graphics, except I have adopted a "standard size" of 32x32 pixels
              for units and terrain images.

              Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2004 1:10 AM

              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 17, 2004
                Hello Mark,
                Does this mean that graphics need to be in 32x32 pixel format to start?
                Thanks

                Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2004 1:10 AM

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 17, 2004
                  Yes it does.

                  Each unit should be draw to 32x32.

                  Terrain follows a specific format, but in the end ends up being a line of 32x32 images.

                  All annotations (like the sentry symbols) as well are 32x32.

                  The game will compress them to your preset zoom sizes at run time.

                  This was necessary because of the database concepts and such. A standard was needed.

                  Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2004 1:03 PM

                  Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2004 1:10 AM

                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 17, 2004
                    hehehheh i agree, im an old 98' dinosaur for sure...

                    WIN98 rules baby!!! woohoo.....

                    --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Kinkead @ Killer Bee
                    Software" <mok@k...> wrote:
                    > I will just interject that after looking at sid6.7's screenshot, we
                    determined there is a display bug originating from his machine.
                    > This causes the sentry letter "S" to appear transparent (which some
                    people actually might like) and the oil facility is a little messed
                    > up graphically. Ah, the joys of multi-platforms.
                    >
                    > Here is a link to a file I sent him showing what some of the icons
                    _should_ look like.

                    > http://killerbeesoftware.com/images/ovl.jpg
                    >

                    > EDEE will have all the capabilities that EDIE has in regards to
                    changing the graphics, except I have adopted a "standard size" of
                    32x32 pixels
                    > for units and terrain images.
                    >
                    > --Mark

                    of Service.
                  • Pete Boggs

                      Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2004 1:10 AM

                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 18, 2004
                        As with EDIE, You will be able to adjust the graphics...and you would be able to make them transparent. I think it is one of those "happy accidents". I hope to get time to experiment with it myself. But I have a couple of slightly more pressing things atm. ;>

                        Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2004 1:10 AM

                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 18, 2004
                          And As with EDIE I was going to ask just that. ;)  This is going to be fun.

                          Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2004 1:10 AM