Port Forwarding

  • debaser5552001
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 8, 2004
      I'd like to play EDIE with a friend who has a firewall, and I have a
      D-Link firewall too. How can we hook up if we both have IP
      addresses like "192.168.0.3"?

      Debaser
    • Randy.R
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 8, 2004
        You will need to set each others IP address in the firewall for
        pass-thru.

        If you don't know your external IP address you can get it from:

        http://www.whatismyip.com/

        An easy way to configure some firewall's is to have the other person
        send a connect request to you. The firewall will report an alarm. You
        can then click on the alarm and tell it let that IP address thru.

        forwarding is another animal. What you'll want to do is tell the
        firewall to forward all requests for socket 45000 to the IP address
        that your machine has behind the wall.

        Randy

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail