Re: [empire-deluxe] checking in...EDIE

  • Douglas Johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 13, 2004
      Well Kaldane,

      When you finish that one how 'bout one about the Mahars of Pelucidar, and you can even have Tarzan in on that one.

      D.I.

      aka Doug Johnson

      ghekthekaldane <ghek@...> wrote:
      checking in...EDIE....payed extra for the cd...now I just have to get
      around to installing it.  It will be nice to have sound again...the
      scenarios I like to run usually nix the sound support to save space.

      Its my own fault I guess....I made the Barsoomian scenarios too
      big....still working on a 5th one adding locations from "Tarzan on
      Mars"...its not ERB,but it was approved to be published but it didn't
      happen...poor sales on a previous new tarzan book I guess.

      Looking forward to seeing if they fixed the walking aircraft carrier
      bug...or left it in.

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • Michael
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 24 7:53 PM
        Kaor all,
        Tazan....funny you should mention him....I finished the fifth Barsoomian scenario last year at the request of someone who reminded me that I had promised one more....its for EDDos/EDWE '94....I tried translating it to EDID but it hangs in during one...The 5th Barsoomian Sernaro adds locations and units from "Tarzan on Mars" which was a good attempt by John Bloodstone to tie up a lot of the loose ends in the Barsoom/John Carter/Pellucidor universe...sub-title "Enter the Wingding"...added basically a small lake with an isolated city in the middle and four gate cities on the sides each one of the four owned by a different faction (this follows the storyline in an interpreted fashion of an asteroid fort in the middle of a lake surrounded by/with a secret alliance of enemies which goes bad in my extension of the book) I also changed/added a few things to help the computer players play a little stronger so its really the best map of the series...I will try to put file up later, but I am putting links here in case that does not go well...
        -Ghek

        description
        http://www.bantoom.com/erb/BARSOOM5.txt

        game and description