Re: [empire-deluxe] My ICQ #

  • Pete Boggs
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 27, 2004
      Wow, if true, that was a very long time ago.

      Q: Why do they call it the French Foreign Legion?
      A: Because no one from France is willing to fight.

      Pete

      "Randy.Rick" <steyrhahn@...> wrote:

      For those of you weak on history, I'll point out that the Free French
      Divisions in Italy were among the ones who made a very big breakthru
      vs the Germans coming in from the north after the initial Allied
      successes against the Italians in the south who were surrendering.
      Both fighting-wise and strategically the Free French helped push the
      Germans into retreat when things got bogged down in the mountains and
      Americans were being slaughtered on the beach at Anzio after the US
      dropped them into a shooting gallery half-way up the Italian
      penninsula.

      It could also be pointed out that Monte was on the defensive in N.
      Africa until he allowed the Free French heavy armor and a line of
      battle.

      DeGaul's troops paid their own way back to Paris with their blood and
      the help of allied equipment.

      steyrhahn

      --- Matthias wrote:
      > Tim Ailes wrote:
      >
      > > Hi guys,
      > > Okay, here is my ICQ #. 132-155-723. I currently only have
      > EDIE
      > > installed. So I am not available for the old 3.11 games any more.
      > And
      > > please send me the list of ICQ numbers for EMPIRE geeks please.
      > 8~D.
      > >
      > > P.S. Who said this?: "I'd rather be facing a German division than
      > have
      > > a French one behind me."
      >

      > General George S. Patton.

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/