Re: [empire-deluxe] Re: 3 player map or scenario - another one

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2004
      You know it just popped into my mind when you were asking about a three player scenario, I never thought about the CGWTOURN.scn, which is truly balanced for 3 player, but kinda odd and small.

      This scenario was part of a promotional tournament that Computer Gaming World Magazine did for the GENIE and possibly CompuServe networks back in 93 when ED was originally released.

      I think you start with a TR, 6 IN and 1 FI on a shared island. You have to decide whether to be aggressive, or expansive early.

      After the 'tourney' in 93,  they determined one position had an advantage by like one square/move or something. The scenario was then altered to fix this and re-released.

      I bet this would make for an excellent 3-way online match.

      Anyway, it's part of the regular EDIE distribution. Name of the SCEN is CGWTOURN.SCN

      For you 3.12 guys, it's in my ed stuff file distribution on the old scenario page.

      Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 11:21 AM
      Subject: [empire-deluxe] Re: 3 player map or scenario

      I created a 60x180 scenario for 3 players in the files area
      ge_3play1.zip.  Players start near 9,30/69,30/129,30

      I tested it with AI to turn 170 for exploration balance.  I also
      tested as Local Players to turn 70 then switched to AI.  Player #2
      seems to have an advantage but I think it is because #1 and #3 bump
      into each other and proceed to fight while #2 continues to expand.

      - GeneralError