Useful site for those unsure of their IP Address

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9, 2003

      If you do not have access to your router or otherwise are unsure of your IP address, this looks like a nice place to visit. (it also does not appear to have any advertising).

      --Mark

    • Michael Mendelsohn
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 10, 2003
        On 9 Dec 2003 , Mark Kinkead @ Killer Bee Sof wrote about [empire-
        deluxe] Useful site for tho:
        > http://www.whatismyip.com/
        > If you do not have access to your router or otherwise are unsure
        > of your IP address, this looks like a nice place to visit.

        That domain is registered in Lebanon. [1]

        I always recommend http://www.bnl.gov/itd/webapps/checkip.asp
        It has the advantage that it correctly identifies a HTTP proxy or
        cache if you're using one. For example, my dialup ISP provides a
        transparent proxy, so whatismyip.com returns the adress of that proxy
        and not my true IP address; bnl.gov reports both.

        Enjoy live play
        mendel

        [1] Lebanon in New Jersey, not in the Middle East, in this case.

        --
        The beginning starts in the middle, and the end suddenly stops.
        "Der Anfang fängt in der Mitte an, und das Ende hört plötzlich auf."
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 10, 2003
          At 11:54 AM 12/10/2003, you wrote:
          >[1] Lebanon in New Jersey, not in the Middle East, in this case.

          There's Lebanon's all over. I live in Lebanon, NH. I know there's one in
          PA too.

          Dave
          David M. Bott david.m.bott@...