Re: [empire-deluxe] Re: What kind of Maps do you enjoy?

    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 1, 2003

      Skip sent me the following question:

      Matthias sent out a large city.nam file to the Yahoo Group. Page 220 of the ED Strategy Guide says that the *.nam files can only handle 300 twenty-character entries (twelve-character for computer players). Is that still true? What if you used a list of over 1000 names?

      When the Black City Bug  and long city name bug could not be traced, I had to rewrite the name code to change it so I could be confident it would not happen in EDIE. I increased the limit from 300 to 32500. I am sure sooner or later you might encounter some memory issues depending on your hardware available, but the number of acceptable names in a file have been increase...slightly.

      I believe this is also good for all other name files as well. Sorry this is not listed as a 'feature'. Never thought about it, but now I guess I should have mentioned it somewhere.