Command line switches

  • Steve (Gryphin)
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 30, 2003
      Hello,
      Based on an old memory I was able to create a batch file that starts
      EDIE and then loads specific game.
      Are there other useful command line options?

      Thanks
      The Grateful Gryphin
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 30, 2003
        Nope, I believe that's it. You don't have to rely on your memory, I believe it is in the manual. If it has been a while since you have read the manual, I would recommend it. There are tons of little details such as this about the game and rules you can find in there. Most of it is accurate ;> .

        Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 6:57 AM
        Subject: [empire-deluxe] Command line switches

        Hello,
        Based on an old memory I was able to create a batch file that starts
        EDIE and then loads specific game.
        Are there other useful command line options?

        Thanks
        The Grateful Gryphin

      • Michael Mendelsohn
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 30, 2003
          Hi!

          On 30 Oct 2003 , Steve (Gryphin) wrote about [empire-deluxe] Command
          line switch:
          > Based on an old memory I was able to create a batch file that starts
          > EDIE and then loads specific game.

          OTOH, you could just have looked it up in the EDIE manual, section
          "Running the game". :-P

          > Are there other useful command line options?

          None are documented, and AFAIK none were implemented.

          mendel
          --
          The beginning starts in the middle, and the end suddenly stops.
          "Der Anfang fängt in der Mitte an, und das Ende hört plötzlich auf."
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 30, 2003
            RTFM? (Read the Friendly Manual)?
            I admit that the included manual is well done but you want me to read
            it? Sheesh! ;0 What kind of a user do you think I am?
            < Gryns Sheepishly >
            Thanks Mendal, enjoy your day.
            The Grateful Gryphin

            --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Mendelsohn"
            <yahoo@m...> wrote:
            > Hi!
            >
            > On 30 Oct 2003 , Steve (Gryphin) wrote about [empire-deluxe]
            Command
            > line switch:
            > > Based on an old memory I was able to create a batch file that
            starts
            > > EDIE and then loads specific game.
            >
            > OTOH, you could just have looked it up in the EDIE manual, section
            > "Running the game". :-P
            >
            > > Are there other useful command line options?
            >
            > None are documented, and AFAIK none were implemented.
            >
            > mendel
            > --
            > The beginning starts in the middle, and the end suddenly stops.
            > "Der Anfang fängt in der Mitte an, und das Ende hört plötzlich auf."
            > -- zitiert auf http://www.meocom-online.de/home/sabseb/zl.html
          • Andy Young
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 31, 2003
              Gryphin,
              Been there done that. I don't use a .bat file, I just have shortcuts
              to EDIE and ED311 that point to the executables. I keep the
              shortcuts in the same directory that I save the email games in. I
              open the game files by dragging them into the shortcut.

              Are you working on something faster? I'm interested in anything that
              gets me to my favourite game quicker.

              I cannot associate .svg with ED, since someting in Adobe also uses
              the .svg extension.

              GeneralError

              --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "Steve (Gryphin)"

            • SteveP @comcast
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 31, 2003
                I run my games by clicking on the EDIE shortcut on my desktop, which automatically runs EDIE and the game that shortcut invokes.  Just make an EDIE shortcut and append the game name after the executable string in the target string.  For example, the shortcut that runs the game pbm.svg is "C:\Games\Empire IE\Empire.exe" pbm.svg.  This works with 3.1 and EDIE.

                    - SteveP

                <gryphin_4x_gamer@y...> wrote:
                > Hello,
                > Based on an old memory I was able to create a batch file that
                starts
                > EDIE and then loads specific game.
                > Are there other useful command line options?
                >
                > Thanks
                > The Grateful Gryphin

              • Steve (Gryphin)
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 31, 2003
                  Hello Andy,
                  I'm not working on anything. I'm not a programer.
                  Oh well, maybe someone else.
                  enjoy
                  Gryphin
                  --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Young" <gyoung1@r...>