[empire-deluxe] Re: The "other" Empire

  • Rimfire
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2000
      Hey Paul,
      I'd be interested in checking it out.
      While your at it, there is another aparent Empire spin off called New
      Worlds.
      I don't know much about it, but you can check it out at
      http://207.239.16.91/webgames/NewWorlds/NewWorlds.html

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2000
        I was always under the assumption that empire-deluxe was just a 'deluxe'
        version of the older game empire. Was there not a predicesor to ED? Or is
        there also another game by the same title... Facinating

        Matthew Hendrickson

        Paul Said:
        >Comrades,
        >
        >There exists another game called empire - one which many of you might
        >have discovered when searching the newsgroups and coming across
        >"rec.games.empire". This other game is very different, but in many ways
        >similar to our game.
        >
        >I am wondering if anyone in the Empire Deluxe community has experience
        >of this "other" empire or whether a group of Empire Deluxe people might
        >like to engage on a collective learning experience, finding out what
        >the other game is about.
        >
        >If you are interested in exploring the parallel universe with me, drop
        >me a line.

      • David M. Bott
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 4, 2000
          --- "Matthew Hendrickson" wrote:
          I was always under the assumption that empire-deluxe was just a 'deluxe'
          version of the older game empire. Was there not a predicesor to ED? Or is
          there also another game by the same title... Facinating

          Matthew Hendrickson
          --- end of quote ---

          Empire Deluxe was a deluxe version of Interstel's Empire: Wargame of the
          Century. However, there has been a multiplayer network version of Empire that
          is more like Sid Meir's Civilization in that the military aspect is just one of
          the features of global domination. It also requires a server to handle the
          "turns" and usually someone similar to a "Dungeon Master" or referee who does
          not play but coordinates. It is possible that newer versions do away with the
          coordinator.

          DAve
        • Paul Boggs
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 4, 2000