[empire-deluxe] The "other" Empire

  • Paul Gill
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2000
      Comrades,

      There exists another game called empire - one which many of you might
      have discovered when searching the newsgroups and coming across
      "rec.games.empire". This other game is very different, but in many ways
      similar to our game.

      I am wondering if anyone in the Empire Deluxe community has experience
      of this "other" empire or whether a group of Empire Deluxe people might
      like to engage on a collective learning experience, finding out what
      the other game is about.

      If you are interested in exploring the parallel universe with me, drop
      me a line.

      Paul Gill
      "Dermott Banana"
      UIN: 4895187
    • Rimfire
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2000
        Hey Paul,
        I'd be interested in checking it out.
        While your at it, there is another aparent Empire spin off called New
        Worlds.
        I don't know much about it, but you can check it out at
        http://207.239.16.91/webgames/NewWorlds/NewWorlds.html

        > There exists another game called empire - one which many of you might
        > have discovered when searching the newsgroups and coming across
        > "rec.games.empire". This other game is very different, but in many ways
        > similar to our game.
        >
        > I am wondering if anyone in the Empire Deluxe community has experience
        > of this "other" empire or whether a group of Empire Deluxe people might
        > like to engage on a collective learning experience, finding out what
        > the other game is about.
        >
        > If you are interested in exploring the parallel universe with me, drop
        > me a line.
        >
        > Paul Gill
        > "Dermott Banana"
        > UIN: 4895187

        > You can today at X.com - and we'll give you $20 to try it! Sign
        > up today at X.com. It's quick, free, & there's no obligation!

        > -- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=empire-deluxe&m=1

      • Matthew Hendrickson
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 4, 2000
          I was always under the assumption that empire-deluxe was just a 'deluxe'
          version of the older game empire. Was there not a predicesor to ED? Or is
          there also another game by the same title... Facinating

          Matthew Hendrickson

          Paul Said:
          >Comrades,
          >
          >There exists another game called empire - one which many of you might
          >have discovered when searching the newsgroups and coming across
          >"rec.games.empire". This other game is very different, but in many ways
          >similar to our game.
          >
          >I am wondering if anyone in the Empire Deluxe community has experience
          >of this "other" empire or whether a group of Empire Deluxe people might
          >like to engage on a collective learning experience, finding out what
          >the other game is about.
          >
          >If you are interested in exploring the parallel universe with me, drop
          >me a line.

        • David M. Bott
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 4, 2000
            --- "Matthew Hendrickson" wrote:
            I was always under the assumption that empire-deluxe was just a 'deluxe'
            version of the older game empire. Was there not a predicesor to ED? Or is
            there also another game by the same title... Facinating

            Matthew Hendrickson
            --- end of quote ---

            Empire Deluxe was a deluxe version of Interstel's Empire: Wargame of the
            Century. However, there has been a multiplayer network version of Empire that
            is more like Sid Meir's Civilization in that the military aspect is just one of
            the features of global domination. It also requires a server to handle the
            "turns" and usually someone similar to a "Dungeon Master" or referee who does
            not play but coordinates. It is possible that newer versions do away with the
            coordinator.

            DAve
          • Paul Boggs
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 4, 2000