Re: [empire-deluxe] Re: Important safety concerns regarding IPs and forwards...

  • H101@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2003
      In a message dated 9/15/2003 2:38:54 PM Central Standard Time, gyoung1@... writes:
      They checked with
      the neighbour so he did a check on the computers that were connected
      to his router.  There were five but he just had three in the house.
      Now that's a wireless neighborhood.
      My neighbor has a wireless and we can detect each other's networks...  but both of us have our wireless security enabled...  so unless we can guess one another's key (like 16 digits) we cannot sign on to one another's networks.

      Note, he stopped outside a local plant near here, brought up Internet Explorer and read his EMail with his laptop...  i.e. they do not have their network secured...  amazing, just amazing!

      Bill