some Great Graphics

    Message 1 of 47 , Aug 31, 2003
      Check out Dietmar Varga's Graphic Set if you have not yet. It's wonderful.

      There's a screen shot he made of it on my site and you'll find the sheets at his site

      --Mark

    • Andy Young
      Message 47 of 47 , Sep 15 9:00 AM
        I have been playing with different styles of maintaining production.

        I have tried keeping my production up by turning off production is
        backwater cities. Consider the situation.
        City Count 128, Units 451, Cities producing 37 [8+7+16+3+1+1+1],
        Overall Production Efficiency 379%
        By observation I see that I'm producing about 10 units per turn.

        Turning on the production in ten cities will increase the cities
        producing by 25% but will reduce overall production efficiency by
        only 15% to 323%. The result is a net increase in production of 10%.

        Turning on the production in all cities will increase the cities
        producing by 3.45 times but will reduce overall production efficiency
        by about 1/3 to 133%. The result is a net increase in production of
        20%.

        You can tweak this further.
        Turning the production to 100 cities will increase the cities
        producing to 2.7 times the original but will reduce overall
        production efficiency by about 1/2 to 174%. The result is a net
        increase in production of 24%.

        I applied these calculations to other games that I played and the
        results vary greatly. Sometimes you can maximumize production by
        keeping production at 400%, sometimes you need to turn all cities on.

        Conclusion:
        ED remains a great game with subtleties beyond comprehension.

        GeneralError