Re: [empire-deluxe] INI file batch tool

  • Michael Mendelsohn
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 11, 2003
      On 11 Jun 2003 , David E wrote about [empire-deluxe] INI file batch tool:
      > Has anyone made one yet to switch between settings or themes?

      I am using the registry file method.

      1) I made a copy of the ed.ini file for each theme and modified it accordingly,
      naming them classic.ini, space.ini etc.

      2) For each .ini I create, I make a .reg file (classic.reg, space.reg) containing the
      following text:

      ----------------------snip here ----------
      REGEDIT4

      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KillerBeeSoftware\EmpireDeluxe]
      "INI_FILE_NAME"="l:\\EmpireDeluxe\\space.ini"
      -------------------snip here-------------

      The file name and path, of course, should be modified to reflect the actual location
      of the file, but keep the double "\\"s!.

      3) To switch to a theme, just doubleclick the corresponding .reg and restart empire!

      Caveat: Tested on Win95; should work for Win98; I suspect it works for most
      versions of windows, but I'd appreciate feedback on this. If you email your
      feedback to me directly, I'll summarize for the list.

      Cheers
      --mendel

      --
      The beginning starts in the middle, and the end suddenly stops.
      "Der Anfang fängt in der Mitte an, und das Ende hört plötzlich auf."
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 11, 2003
        Has anyone made one yet to switch between settings or themes?
      • Steve (Gryphin)
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 12, 2003
          A note of caution:
          If you are unsure how to use edit the registry please have a friend
          help you. One slip and you can leave yourself bootless.

          Yes this method works with Windows XP
          Steve
          --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Mendelsohn"