Empire Deluxe $$ question

  • Jerry Foster
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3 7:30 AM
      Hello Everyone.

      I currently own the Empire Deluxe Masters Edition on CD for Windows and it
      is in perfect condition. It has the box with hardly any wear, the
      spiral-bound manual, reference card, strategy guide, and CD in jewel case.
      Two copies recently sold on eBay for $81. If I purchase EDIE (which I plan
      on doing) I have no real need for the Masters Edition except as a
      collector's item, and I was thinking of selling it.

      What I'm wondering is, will the release of EDIE cause the older editions to
      become *more* valuable as the game gains popularity again, or will the glut
      (hopefully) of EDIE purchases actually reduce its value since the game is no
      longer hard to find. Just curious what everyone's opinions were.

      Jerry
      www.fostertribe.org
      "Tolerance is the last virtue of an immoral society." -- G.K. Chesterton
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3 6:08 PM
        I've no idea what it might do to the price. It's utterly up to you of course
        whether you sell it or not but personally I'd keep it. You may have a game
        against somebody who hasn't upgraded (not everybody has) and it's just a
        neat package I think.

        Of course I've got pretty much every version going back to the C-64 days, so
        who am I to talk...