You Really Know You are Addicted to EDIE when...

  • Steve (Gryphin)
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
      Ya Really Know you are addicted to Empire Deluxe Internet Edition
      When…

      1. You wonder how Map Quest reveals all of that terrain so
      quickly
      2. You get cable Internet access to download the 10 MB file
      3. You get a charge card to pay for it
      4. You plan to cancel the cable after the download.
      5. You keep the cable access to make playing across the Internet
      easier
      6. You get cable Internet access to make playing across the net
      faster
      7. Your wife files for divorce and you ask her what AI she wants
      to take over for her.
      8. You have burned more than one dinner while playing the game
      9. You ask your new dates what color they like
      10. You know the versions of its predecessors by name And number
      11. If you don't get some sleep soon you are going to get fired.
      12. The demo is installed in a hidden directory at the office
      13. The only reason the full version is not installed is you have
      not purchased a second license.
      14. You are stuck in traffic and wish you had air cover to clear
      the way
      15. You talk about Mark Kinkead like he is a household name, (and
      in your home he is).
      16. You have added two web pages to your site related to it.
      17. You have thought of at least 5 ways to pronounce EDIE
      18. You have sent Mark Kinkead your personal Wish List for Empire
      Deluxe Enhanced Edition
      19. The Expression "You play that game way too much" does not
      make sense to you.
      And Number 20
      20. You write list of symptoms of addiction to Empire Deluxe
      Internet Edition
      Um
      21 "Kinkead" is no longer flagged by your spell checker
    • Sebbie
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
        At 11:52 2003-06-03 +0000, you wrote:
        Ya Really Know you are addicted to Empire Deluxe Internet Edition
        When…

        Sweet   8)

        I bet writing a DLL scores a few points on the addiction list too  ;)

        - Seb -

      • Steve G
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
          Especially if you burn dinner doing it. ;)

          Sebbie <seb@...> wrote:
          At 11:52 2003-06-03 +0000, you wrote:
          Ya Really Know you are addicted to Empire Deluxe Internet Edition
          When�

          Sweet   8)

          I bet writing a DLL scores a few points on the addiction list too  ;)

          - Seb -

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • David E
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
            And you realize that you have been playing ED longer than you have
            been married and you have been married over a decade.
          • Arnold Larson
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
              How about when you are able to recognize that someone did not read the End
              User License Agreement very carefully?

              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003

                Hello,

                More accurately I must have misunderstood it.

                What in particular are you referring to?

                Thanks

                Steve

                Arnold Larson <adastra1960@...> wrote:
                How about when you are able to recognize that someone did not read the End
                User License Agreement very carefully?

                >From: "Steve (Gryphin)"
                >To: empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: [empire-deluxe] You Really Know You are Addicted to EDIE when...
                >Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 11:52:33 -0000
                >
                >Ya Really Know you are addicted to Empire Deluxe Internet Edition
                >When�
                >>12. The demo is installed in a hidden directory at the office
                >13. The only reason the full version is not installed is you have
                >not purchased a second license.

                FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
                http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/ySSFAA/xkRolB/TM

              • rtyo348985@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
                  I had to laugh when reading those.
                  One time I had the game at work (In hidden files....LOL). My boss suspected something and had someone delete all the hidden files on my computer. Needless to say, the computer didn't work anymore. I raised such a fuss, I got a new computer out of it and he doesn't bother me anymore.

                  General Ron
                • Matthias
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
                    David E wrote:

                    > And you realize that you have been playing ED longer than you have
                    > been married and you have been married over a decade.

                    You build a second computer antiquated enough to run ED because your
                    modern one won't. :)

                    --

                    Matthias of the Far Woods (matthew shelton)
                    E-mail: matthias_mls@...
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
                      rtyo348985@... wrote:

                      > I had to laugh when reading those.
                      > One time I had the game at work (In hidden files....LOL). My boss
                      > suspected something and had someone delete all the hidden files on my
                      > computer. Needless to say, the computer didn't work anymore. I raised
                      > such a fuss, I got a new computer out of it and he doesn't bother me
                      > anymore.

                      Ah, an example of having a little -- but incomplete -- computer
                      knowledge being a dangerous thing.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
                        At 16:57 2003-06-03 -0500, you wrote:
                        David E wrote:

                        > And you realize that you have been playing ED longer than you have
                        > been married and you have been married over a decade.

                        You build a second computer antiquated enough to run ED because your
                        modern one won't. :)

                        Been there....built that!   =(
                        Not for ED...but still....

                        - Seb -