[empire-deluxe] use egroups database?

  • David M. Bott
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 1999
      Here's an interesting feature of egroups we might use to take over the web-list
      of ED PBEM players. What I like about this is that it is updatable by ANY
      subscriber to the list. That means that one person is not responsible for
      making sure all the data are correct!

      Dave

      Using the Database

      One of the most versatile features eGroups.com offers is the Database.
      Whether you manage a discussion about the S&P 500 or the Indy 500, the
      Database is a great way to organize your eGroup's shared data. Using
      the Database is simple - we've even included some sample tables to get
      you started, such as a contact info sheet and a favorite CD list.
      However, with an array of flexible options and room to store dozens of
      pages of data, the Database can be customized to organize your
      eGroup's most complex information.

      To get an idea of how people are using the Database feature, I talked
      to a loyal user named Roz who manages an eGroup for her club tennis
      team. In addition to a team roster for sharing name, phone, fax, and
      email data, she includes a list of non-team members who practice with
      the team and the times when they're available. She has also created
      an "RSVP Table" listing all team members and practice partners who
      will be invited to a summer-ending luncheon hosted by their captain.

      According to Roz, the Database is pretty intuitive: "it was easy to
      get people to access and even to update the various tables. Even our
      newest-to-the-Internet member was able to edit her roster information
      the first time."