RE: [empire-deluxe] ED Internet Version 3.5

  • Randy.Rick
    Message 1 of 25 , May 7, 2003
      Here's my timestamp from the return email:

      steyrhahn

      --- Andrew Peiman <andrew_peiman@...> wrote:
      > And it was this question that triggered my question, just for the
      > record ;-)
      >
      > I have a timestamp of 16:14 GTM+1 that would be 9.14am EST if I'm
      > correct.
      >
      > --- Fubster <Fubster@...> wrote: > OK, this is getting
      > eerie, yet another point
      > I raised in the same post on
      > > 4/22...here is the text from that post, just for the record:
      > > -------------------------
      > > Woohoo! I can't wait! A few questions for the community:
      > >
      > > I wonder how many copies will sell on the first day, and who will
      > be the
      > > first. I would be interesting to run a pool - with the funds
      > going to the
      > > person who buys the first copy. Of course, how to validate? And
      > how to get
      > > money, etc. I guess it will just have to be a status and gloating
      > thing.
      > >
      > > Is anyone planning on starting a mini-tourney to coincide with
      > the release
      > > of the product? I am definitely in for a PBEM tourney, although I
      > cannot run
      > > one, and would prefer something with RR groups of no more than 4
      > players...
      > >
      > > Has anyone else (beta testers, I guess) created any graphic
      > and/or sound
      > > templates to replace the defaults that come with the game? As
      > people do, we
      > > should definitely post those, probably to the yahoo group (this
      > board does
      > > not support uploading files, does it?)
      > >
      > > Thanks Mark, for all of your work, and for making this a
      > reality!!
      > > -------------------------
      > >
      > > Also, for the record, my receipt from BMT Micro is time-stamped
      > 11:05 AM
      > > EDT.
      > >
      > > -Fub

      http://search.yahoo.com
    • Arnold Larson
      Message 2 of 25 , May 7, 2003
        I am sure that most players will be upgrading, but there are bound to be
        holdouts. I see no reason why the holdouts cannot continue to use 3.1 while
        the rest use 3.5. Upgrading will NOT be required.

        Arne

        Message 3 of 25 , May 7, 2003
          I second that, for what it's worth.

        • maucoin@aol.com
          Message 4 of 25 , May 7, 2003
            In a message dated 5/7/2003 4:43:30 PM Central Standard Time, WinkThom@... writes:

            WinkThom@...

            My address is Maucoin@... however I haven't had time to download the internet edition yet.  I put you on my buddy list.
            Message 5 of 25 , May 8, 2003
              My father officially purchased the first copy of Empire Deluxe Internet Edition. (happened before May 7th).

              As far as purchases on May 7th(the public Internet Release), I cannot release customer information, but there were three seperate orders that came in like real quick as soon as I put the page up (shortly after 9:35 EST), before I could blink or send out the announcements. They had to of been trolling the site. First one in was 37 minutes past 9am EST.

              All I will say is the first purchase of the day was from Arizona. ;>

              Please read the credits section in the manual and you will see many of the fine ED Community members who helped guarantee the quality of the game. I'm sure we will find some bugs, and I will soon post a list of issue on my site. (the beauty of bugs in ED now is that they can be fixed!). But all in all it works very well. They are to be thanked.

              Thanks for your support and I'm glad you're excited.  Make sure you spread the word, for this is very important to the success and future of the game. There were many people who played ED in the past that would love to play it again.

              There was a map DLL that was floating around the beta.  I also recieved some graphics, but it is up to the individuals to release those.And of course Cruzan Wallis can crank out maps till the cows come home. I would like to encourage those of you who will make unit sets, terrain sets DLLs, maps and scenarios to share them with us.

              Again, thank you all who have or are planning to purchase the game.

              I'm wondering, who is the lucky person to buy EDIE first?

              --- "J. Russ" <jruss@...> wrote: > I nominate Fub.

            • david_givoni
              Message 6 of 25 , May 8, 2003
                I have thought of organizing a live tournament, not necessarily with
                the new version only, but LIVE so that it would evolve quicker. I
                thought of adding some tournament organizing features to the Ladder-
                website, so that the administration could go easier, but I´m not sure
                I'll have enough time for it (still a lot of things on the website-
                todo-list), and I don't know if I have experience enough with the
                tournaments to organize one myself. But I'd be glad to help out with
                it, if somebody else wants to be the chief.

                /Givoni
                Message 7 of 25 , May 8, 2003

                  Message 8 of 25 , May 8, 2003
                    What's the purchase web site again please?
                  • Matthias
                    Message 9 of 25 , May 9, 2003
                      David M. Bott wrote:

                      > At 11:31 PM 5/8/2003, you wrote:
                      > >A day has not passed that EDIE hasn't been played here.
                      >
                      > So how are people pronouncing EDIE?
                      >
                      > Like Eddy?
                      >
                      > Like Eee Dee (as in the nick name for Edith?)
                      >
                      > I often want to drop the last E and make it EDI. I don't like typing so
                      > many characters :-)
                      >
                      > I do like the game!

                      Just call it ED. What we have now, *is* ED. ED is dead, long live ED! If
                      you must qualify it, ED is the living version, ED(3.11) is the dead one.

                      --

                      Matthias of the Far Woods (matthew shelton)
                      E-mail: matthias_mls@...