Re: Where to buy?

  • emperormaxp
    Message 1 of 25 , Apr 3, 2003
      Great Googly-Moogly! I haven't seen this much one-upmanship since
      the last gun show I was at!

      -- MaX
    • Matthias
      Message 2 of 25 , Apr 3, 2003
        Steven Woodcock wrote:

        > I have all of those, plus the C-64 version of Empire. (I have NO idea
        > how they fit it on that machine!)

        Same here. I used to have the C-64 version as well. What were the limits
        now? 100 cities, maps were 40x80, city names were funky made-up things 4
        or 5 characters long, and you could play against either 1 or 2 computer
        players. A list of those city names would be nice to include with ED
        just for old time's sake :)
      • Sebbie
        Message 3 of 25 , Apr 3, 2003
          I remember waiting 30-60 minutes for the computer to play out his turn...
          The good old days? 8)

          - Seb -
          Message 4 of 25 , Apr 3, 2003
            Speaking of which, darn it, I'd missed the last gun show here. It was
            just last weekend too, dang it.

            I need some more 30-30....oh well. I like going to the gun store too.

            =============================
            Steven Woodcock
            From the High, Snowy Mountains of Colorado

            'Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and
            ready.' - Teddy Roosevelt, 1903

            Message 5 of 25 , Apr 3, 2003
              That sounds like it, yes.

              I reckon I could fire up the C-64 and dig up those names. That *would*
              be kind of cool.

              > > I have all of those, plus the C-64 version of Empire. (I have NO
              idea
              > > how they fit it on that machine!)
              >
              > Same here. I used to have the C-64 version as well. What were the limits
              > now? 100 cities, maps were 40x80, city names were funky made-up things 4
              > or 5 characters long, and you could play against either 1 or 2 computer
              > players. A list of those city names would be nice to include with ED
              > just for old time's sake :)

            • Michael Mendelsohn
              Message 6 of 25 , Apr 3, 2003
                Hi all!

                On 3 Apr 2003 , Steven Woodcock wrote about Re: [empire-deluxe] Re:
                Where to bu:
                > From: "Matthias" <matthias_mls@...>
                > > Same here. I used to have the C-64 version as well. [..]
                > > A list of those city names would be
                > > nice to include with ED just for old time's sake :)

                > I reckon I could fire up the C-64 and dig up those names. That
                > *would* be kind of cool.

                All you really need is a C64 emulator such as VICE and
                ftp://arnold.c64.org/pub/games/e/Empire.Interstel.NEC.zip

                Now if I had a manual, or at least a key reference for that
                version...

                The city names are:
                ---------------------------------------
                Aaran Actum Zots Balak Bongo
                Claxx Dylle Zoot Gayll Lynx
                D-Tor Ennui Feder Flect Kaan
                Ylass Tobor Letom N'yak Krass
                Nikit Uxani Moora Knidd Fripp
                E'nar Squid Oland Kret Ponce
                X-Rad Frama Aspud Ling Putss
                Inndi Septo Sorgu Yelch Quint
                Haan Pneu Dorfa Ortch El-Da
                Cigol Zance Vala Vicel Wickt
                Pinny
                -----------------------------------

                Cheers!
                --mendel

                --
                The beginning starts in the middle, and the end suddenly stops.
                "Der Anfang fängt in der Mitte an, und das Ende hört plötzlich auf."
                Message 7 of 25 , Apr 4, 2003
                  I've got a manual, for what it's worth.

                  I hadn't even thought about an emulator...

                  Message 8 of 25 , Apr 6, 2003
                    Michael Mendelsohn wrote:

                    > Hi all!
                    >
                    > On 3 Apr 2003 , Steven Woodcock wrote about Re: [empire-deluxe] Re:
                    > Where to bu:
                    > > From: "Matthias" <matthias_mls@...>
                    > > > Same here. I used to have the C-64 version as well. [..]
                    > > > A list of those city names would be
                    > > > nice to include with ED just for old time's sake :)
                    >
                    > > I reckon I could fire up the C-64 and dig up those names. That
                    > > *would* be kind of cool.
                    >
                    > All you really need is a C64 emulator such as VICE and
                    > ftp://arnold.c64.org/pub/games/e/Empire.Interstel.NEC.zip
                    >
                    > Now if I had a manual, or at least a key reference for that
                    > version...
                    >
                    > The city names are:
                    > ---------------------------------------
                    > Aaran Actum Zots Balak Bongo
                    > Claxx Dylle Zoot Gayll Lynx
                    > D-Tor Ennui Feder Flect Kaan
                    > Ylass Tobor Letom N'yak Krass
                    > Nikit Uxani Moora Knidd Fripp
                    > E'nar Squid Oland Kret Ponce
                    > X-Rad Frama Aspud Ling Putss
                    > Inndi Septo Sorgu Yelch Quint
                    > Haan Pneu Dorfa Ortch El-Da
                    > Cigol Zance Vala Vicel Wickt
                    > Pinny

                    Oh, very nice. Thank you.

                    I remember my first starting city ever on the C=64 being Putss. Not that
                    it matters :)
                    Message 9 of 25 , Apr 6, 2003
                      Very cool, very cool.