Re: [empire-deluxe] Re: Where to buy?

    Message 1 of 25 , Apr 2, 2003
      I have all of those, plus the C-64 version of Empire. (I have NO idea
      how they fit it on that machine!)

      Message 2 of 25 , Apr 3, 2003
        Great Googly-Moogly! I haven't seen this much one-upmanship since
        the last gun show I was at!

        -- MaX
      • Matthias
        Message 3 of 25 , Apr 3, 2003
          Steven Woodcock wrote:

          > I have all of those, plus the C-64 version of Empire. (I have NO idea
          > how they fit it on that machine!)

          Same here. I used to have the C-64 version as well. What were the limits
          now? 100 cities, maps were 40x80, city names were funky made-up things 4
          or 5 characters long, and you could play against either 1 or 2 computer
          players. A list of those city names would be nice to include with ED
          just for old time's sake :)
        • Sebbie
          Message 4 of 25 , Apr 3, 2003
            I remember waiting 30-60 minutes for the computer to play out his turn...
            The good old days? 8)

            - Seb -
            Message 5 of 25 , Apr 3, 2003
              Speaking of which, darn it, I'd missed the last gun show here. It was
              just last weekend too, dang it.

              I need some more 30-30....oh well. I like going to the gun store too.

              =============================
              Steven Woodcock
              From the High, Snowy Mountains of Colorado

              'Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and
              ready.' - Teddy Roosevelt, 1903

              Message 6 of 25 , Apr 3, 2003
                That sounds like it, yes.

                I reckon I could fire up the C-64 and dig up those names. That *would*
                be kind of cool.

                > > I have all of those, plus the C-64 version of Empire. (I have NO
                idea
                > > how they fit it on that machine!)
                >
                > Same here. I used to have the C-64 version as well. What were the limits
                > now? 100 cities, maps were 40x80, city names were funky made-up things 4
                > or 5 characters long, and you could play against either 1 or 2 computer
                > players. A list of those city names would be nice to include with ED
                > just for old time's sake :)

              • Michael Mendelsohn
                Message 7 of 25 , Apr 3, 2003
                  Hi all!

                  On 3 Apr 2003 , Steven Woodcock wrote about Re: [empire-deluxe] Re:
                  Where to bu:
                  > From: "Matthias" <matthias_mls@...>
                  > > Same here. I used to have the C-64 version as well. [..]
                  > > A list of those city names would be
                  > > nice to include with ED just for old time's sake :)

                  > I reckon I could fire up the C-64 and dig up those names. That
                  > *would* be kind of cool.

                  All you really need is a C64 emulator such as VICE and
                  ftp://arnold.c64.org/pub/games/e/Empire.Interstel.NEC.zip

                  Now if I had a manual, or at least a key reference for that
                  version...

                  The city names are:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Aaran Actum Zots Balak Bongo
                  Claxx Dylle Zoot Gayll Lynx
                  D-Tor Ennui Feder Flect Kaan
                  Ylass Tobor Letom N'yak Krass
                  Nikit Uxani Moora Knidd Fripp
                  E'nar Squid Oland Kret Ponce
                  X-Rad Frama Aspud Ling Putss
                  Inndi Septo Sorgu Yelch Quint
                  Haan Pneu Dorfa Ortch El-Da
                  Cigol Zance Vala Vicel Wickt
                  Pinny
                  -----------------------------------

                  Cheers!
                  --mendel

                  --
                  The beginning starts in the middle, and the end suddenly stops.
                  "Der Anfang fängt in der Mitte an, und das Ende hört plötzlich auf."
                  Message 8 of 25 , Apr 4, 2003
                    I've got a manual, for what it's worth.

                    I hadn't even thought about an emulator...

                    Message 9 of 25 , Apr 6, 2003
                      Michael Mendelsohn wrote:

                      > Hi all!
                      >
                      > On 3 Apr 2003 , Steven Woodcock wrote about Re: [empire-deluxe] Re:
                      > Where to bu:
                      > > From: "Matthias" <matthias_mls@...>
                      > > > Same here. I used to have the C-64 version as well. [..]
                      > > > A list of those city names would be
                      > > > nice to include with ED just for old time's sake :)
                      >
                      > > I reckon I could fire up the C-64 and dig up those names. That
                      > > *would* be kind of cool.
                      >
                      > All you really need is a C64 emulator such as VICE and
                      > ftp://arnold.c64.org/pub/games/e/Empire.Interstel.NEC.zip
                      >
                      > Now if I had a manual, or at least a key reference for that
                      > version...
                      >
                      > The city names are:
                      > ---------------------------------------
                      > Aaran Actum Zots Balak Bongo
                      > Claxx Dylle Zoot Gayll Lynx
                      > D-Tor Ennui Feder Flect Kaan
                      > Ylass Tobor Letom N'yak Krass
                      > Nikit Uxani Moora Knidd Fripp
                      > E'nar Squid Oland Kret Ponce
                      > X-Rad Frama Aspud Ling Putss
                      > Inndi Septo Sorgu Yelch Quint
                      > Haan Pneu Dorfa Ortch El-Da
                      > Cigol Zance Vala Vicel Wickt
                      > Pinny

                      Oh, very nice. Thank you.

                      I remember my first starting city ever on the C=64 being Putss. Not that
                      it matters :)
                      Message 10 of 25 , Apr 6, 2003
                        Very cool, very cool.