[empire-deluxe] Re: empire-deluxe digest

  • Jeff Corriveau
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 16, 1999
      We should hang up Charles Havranek by his privates! For e-mail bombing and abusing the anti- spamming
      system. And who's next?

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/empire-deluxe
    • Bob Jackson
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 1999
        > From: "David M. Bott" <David.M.Bott@...>
        > Subject: [empire-deluxe] new computer help with empire
        >
        > If anyone can help Mark, please send him a direct email.
        >
        > thanks,
        >
        > Dave
        >
        > >From: "Mark (Rocketman)" <rktmn@...>
        > >To: edpbem.bott@...
        > >Subject: empire
        > >
        > >I recently upgraded to a new computer and re-installed Empire Deluxe on
        > >it. All is well until I
        > >actually start a game. When the screen that represents the world come
        > >up (after the preliminary stuff such as selecting players and such) to
        > >make the first move, my machine locks up, totally, every time. I have a
        > >new Compaq with Pentium III 450 mhz and 165 mb ram running Windows 98.
        > >Is there a basic incompatibility here? Is there a fix you know of?
        > >Thanks, I need the help.
        > >--

        Mark, you're trying to run an old 16 bit app on a 32 bit operatig
        system.
        (Since it's windows, I'm useing that term loosely) Windows, in it's 32
        bit
        incarnations has never dealt with 16 bit apps gracefully. Try
        simplifying
        as much as possible. Anything that isn't absolutly necessary to run
        the
        machine should be cut. Go to a 256 color display at 640x480. No tsr's,
        no internet stuff in the background. As a last resort, try running the
        dos version after booting into dos. Give it a try and let us know how
        it
        came out. If you can't get it running, give all the detail that you
        can.

        Bob J.
        bobnjudy@...
      • GCJCDC@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 31, 1999
          Mark;

          For what it's worth, a few months ago I upgraded my old 486 to a Pentium 400
          MHz system with Windows 98 and 64 Mb ram, and I have had almost no problems
          with Empire Deluxe. I did ask around before I upgraded, and one guy
          (tmurray@...) seemed quite knowledgeable about the kind of problems
          you are having. Maybe you should contact him.

          Weatherman