Re: [empire-deluxe] Mirror Maps

    Message 1 of 33 , Jan 2, 2003
      It was a while back, but it's easy enough to copy and paste:

      "This will be hard since whatever algorithm is used for compare the
      starting positions will have to somehow
      judge how "balanced" each position is. What it thinks is fair you
      might not, upon examination of the fully generated
      map. How close does it have to be to be "balanced"? Does the
      "balanced" measure include a mixture of sea and
      land? How much? What if I start in mountains with three 100% cities
      within 4 moves, but you start on a one-square
      island with two 150% cities one move away? Is that "balanced"?"

      Steven Woodcock
      From the High, Snowy Mountains of Colorado

      'Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and
      ready.' - Teddy Roosevelt, 1903

      Message 33 of 33 , Jan 2, 2003
        Aha...sorry. Didn't understand.