newbie needs some info

  • mnw99992002
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 15, 2002
      I have played the game empire duluxe on my pc at home and am
      interested in getting involved in a multiplayer game via email. Is
      this possible and how do i start. Thanks
    • Randy.Rick
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 15, 2002
        You might want to create a small 2 player game where you specify the
        2nd player as a PBM player.

        Play your turn, then watch to see how it tells you to send the game
        file to the second player. At this point you would email the game.svg
        file to the second player.

        Instead, load the game.svg file and give it a bogus second player
        name. Do this thru turn 100 or so to see how it works. It'll go
        quickly..

        Technically thats all there is to it.

        When your turn is over the first time, ED will tell you to send it to
        player 2. After everyone has taken a turn, it will tell you the
        player's game name as the one the game needs to be sent to. Early in
        the game the play might not go 1-2-3, 1-2-3, every time. If two
        players are close together, they will get a smaller number of turns
        to play before having to pass the game on, and may pass the game
        back and forth a couple of times before sending the game.svg file on
        to the third or forth players. Once players get quite close, you'll
        only get 1 game turn before having to pass on the game.svg file.

        Thats it. Just sit back and wait for players here to contact you
        concerning playing a game. I'd be willing to be a PBM opponent.
        Lets get 1 other player and I'll start a game for us.

        steyrhahn (Randy)

        http://webhosting.yahoo.com