[empire-deluxe] New Empire game

  • GCJCDC@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 4, 1999
      A while ago I sent an e-mail to the group asking about a new multi-player
      game. Sorry it has taken me this long to get back about it. Giblets and
      Mark Tomlinson answered back saying they were interested. Anyone else?

      To those who want to do it, how do you want me (or you) to set it up? Random
      world, real world, etc?????

      Let me know.....Weatherman

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/empire-deluxe
    • Scott Slaughter
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 4, 1999
        Weatherman --

        I know that we are already involved in an Empire game, but I would like to
        be included if there is still room. I am not getting enough of an ED fix to
        satisfy me anymore.

        -- Scott (aka Max Power)

        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 5, 1999
          Sure....your in. When did you become Max Power??? I will try to e-mail
          everyone that is interested Sunday night.

        • JLaserK@aol.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 5, 1999
            What do you say about starting a 4-player game on a random 75x100 map?

            Weatherman, Giblets389, me, and one more...

            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 6, 1999
              JLaserK.....

              Scott Slaughter and Mark Tomlinson have also indicated an interest in a
              multi-player game. With that many players we should prbably have the max
              size map.

              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 6, 1999
                Not Scott Slaughter... You mean, MAX POWER!!!!!

                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 16, 2000
                  Some of my old ED games are winding down, so I am looking for a few new ones
                  with one or more other players. If you are a good, experienced player (I get
                  little pleasure out of pounding an inexperienced player) and you want a new
                  game, let me know.

                  Weatherman (gcjcdc@...)
                • Susie
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 19, 2010
                    Just thought I'd pass this along in case anyone is interested. Empires of Steel is available at Battlefront.com. Very nice graphics, easily moddable, lots of options and a very good AI opponent. After following development for more than a year I think this is the next great Empire game. A demo is available.

                    Rich
                  • brycejones2
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 20, 2010
                      Looks interesting. Is it worth the money?

                      Looking at the demo.

                      Bryce Jones

                      --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "Susie" <rich12545@...> wrote:

                      > Just thought I'd pass this along in case anyone is interested. Empires of Steel is available at Battlefront.com. Very nice graphics, easily moddable, lots of options and a very good AI opponent. After following development for more than a year I think this is the next great Empire game. A demo is available.
                      >
                      > Rich

                    • Barry
                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 20, 2010
                        I installed the demo yesterday on a new laptop and it wouldn't run.  Very weird.  I double click the icon to run it and nothing happens.  I played around a little and gave up and uninstalled it.

                        My new laptop has 64 bit Windows 7 Pro so maybe that's why.  I don't know.

                        Barry

                        Looks interesting. Is it worth the money?

                        Looking at the demo.

                        Bryce Jones

                        --- In empire-deluxe@ yahoogroups. com, "Susie" <rich12545@. ..> wrote:

                        > Just thought I'd pass this along in case anyone is interested. Empires of Steel is available at Battlefront. com. Very nice graphics, easily moddable, lots of options and a very good AI opponent. After following development for more than a year I think this is the next great Empire game. A demo is available.
                        >
                        > Rich

                      • Larry Smith
                        Message 11 of 15 , Apr 20, 2010
                          Suggestion: If you're handy with virtual machines at all (VMWare has a free version) you could load up a virtual PC with windows XP and be sailing.

                          Also I believe (anybody out there confirm?) that Windows 7 has an "XP" mode I've heard of.  I just got to Windows 7, so I'll be finding all this out first-hand.

                          I installed the demo yesterday on a new laptop and it wouldn't run.  Very weird.  I double click the icon to run it and nothing happens.  I played around a little and gave up and uninstalled it.

                          My new laptop has 64 bit Windows 7 Pro so maybe that's why.  I don't know.

                          Barry

                          Looks interesting. Is it worth the money?

                          Looking at the demo.

                          Bryce Jones

                          --- In empire-deluxe@ yahoogroups. com, "Susie" <rich12545@. ..> wrote:

                          > Just thought I'd pass this along in case anyone is interested. Empires of Steel is available at Battlefront. com. Very nice graphics, easily moddable, lots of options and a very good AI opponent. After following development for more than a year I think this is the next great Empire game. A demo is available.
                          >
                          > Rich

                        • David Sonneborn
                          Message 12 of 15 , Apr 20, 2010
                            If it has an XP mode, it is news to me.  I would be highly doubtful, as it will not run ANY DOS based programs, and XP will.

                            David

                            "Never in the history of the world has there been a situation so bad that the government can't make it worse."

                            -Unknown

                            Suggestion: If you're handy with virtual machines at all (VMWare has a free version) you could load up a virtual PC with windows XP and be sailing.

                            Also I believe (anybody out there confirm?) that Windows 7 has an "XP" mode I've heard of.  I just got to Windows 7, so I'll be finding all this out first-hand.

                            I installed the demo yesterday on a new laptop and it wouldn't run.  Very weird.  I double click the icon to run it and nothing happens.  I played around a little and gave up and uninstalled it.

                            My new laptop has 64 bit Windows 7 Pro so maybe that's why.  I don't know.

                            Barry

                            Looks interesting. Is it worth the money?

                            Looking at the demo.

                            Bryce Jones

                            --- In empire-deluxe@ yahoogroups. com, "Susie" <rich12545@. ..> wrote:

                            > Just thought I'd pass this along in case anyone is interested. Empires of Steel is available at Battlefront. com. Very nice graphics, easily moddable, lots of options and a very good AI opponent. After following development for more than a year I think this is the next great Empire game. A demo is available.
                            >
                            > Rich

                          • Barry
                            Message 13 of 15 , Apr 21, 2010
                              Windows 7 Professional has XP mode but you have to download it from Microsoft.  It doesn't come installed.  Actually if you get a computer with Win7 Pro it might but mine came with Win7 Home Premium and I did the anytime upgrade to Pro.

                              XP mode is really just Microsoft Virtual PC with an XP virtual computer installed.  It seems to work out well.  I used Virtual PC for DOS stuff on my Vista machine for a while and then switched to VirtualBox, which I liked a little better.  But since XP comes with this one I went with it.  They're both good

                              Barry

                              Suggestion: If you're handy with virtual machines at all (VMWare has a free version) you could load up a virtual PC with windows XP and be sailing.

                              Also I believe (anybody out there confirm?) that Windows 7 has an "XP" mode I've heard of.  I just got to Windows 7, so I'll be finding all this out first-hand.

                              I installed the demo yesterday on a new laptop and it wouldn't run.  Very weird.  I double click the icon to run it and nothing happens.  I played around a little and gave up and uninstalled it.

                              My new laptop has 64 bit Windows 7 Pro so maybe that's why.  I don't know.

                              Barry

                              Looks interesting. Is it worth the money?

                              Looking at the demo.

                              Bryce Jones

                              --- In empire-deluxe@ yahoogroups. com, "Susie" <rich12545@. ..> wrote:

                              > Just thought I'd pass this along in case anyone is interested. Empires of Steel is available at Battlefront. com. Very nice graphics, easily moddable, lots of options and a very good AI opponent. After following development for more than a year I think this is the next great Empire game. A demo is available.
                              >
                              > Rich

                            • Barry
                              Message 14 of 15 , Apr 21, 2010
                                Dos programs work fine in XP mode.  That's why I wanted it, too.

                                I suspect the reason they won't run otherwise isn't because it's windows 7 but because it's the 64 bit version.

                                Barry

                                Suggestion: If you're handy with virtual machines at all (VMWare has a free version) you could load up a virtual PC with windows XP and be sailing.

                                Also I believe (anybody out there confirm?) that Windows 7 has an "XP" mode I've heard of.  I just got to Windows 7, so I'll be finding all this out first-hand.

                                I installed the demo yesterday on a new laptop and it wouldn't run.  Very weird.  I double click the icon to run it and nothing happens.  I played around a little and gave up and uninstalled it.

                                My new laptop has 64 bit Windows 7 Pro so maybe that's why.  I don't know.

                                Barry

                                Looks interesting. Is it worth the money?

                                Looking at the demo.

                                Bryce Jones

                                --- In empire-deluxe@ yahoogroups. com, "Susie" <rich12545@. ..> wrote:

                                > Just thought I'd pass this along in case anyone is interested. Empires of Steel is available at Battlefront. com. Very nice graphics, easily moddable, lots of options and a very good AI opponent. After following development for more than a year I think this is the next great Empire game. A demo is available.
                                >
                                > Rich

                              • Susie
                                Message 15 of 15 , Apr 22, 2010
                                  I have win 7 x64 ultimate and it runs fine as is. Same with others. You might like to post on their forum. The dev is quick to help.

                                  Rich