Re: ed config passwords??

  • ZeD
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 12, 2002
      This may be the most helpful reply you will receive, Spud.

      You are in St. Maarten, surrounded by palm trees and gorgeous women in
      bikinis laying out by the pool. No storms and freezing rain - nothing to
      cope with but blue sunny skies and warm tropical breezes. You are in
      paradise - and yet you're indoors at an internet cafe trying to play ED. My
      best advice for you is to leave the cafe immediately and start living the
      good life! :)

      General ZeD

      From: spud <spud@...>
      2. Re: ed config passwords
      From: "Alan Scase" <Alan.Scase@...>
      3. Re: ed config passwords
      From: "spud3700" <spud@...>
      4. Re: Re: ed config passwords
      From: "Alan Scase" <Alan.Scase@...>
      5. Re: ed config passwords
      From: "spud3700" <spud@...>
      6. Re: Re: ed config passwords
      From: "Alan Scase" <Alan.Scase@...>
      7. ED on the road
      From: "spud3700" <spud@...>
      8. Re: ED on the road
      From: "Randy.Rick" <steyrhahn@...>
      9. Re: ED on the road
      From: "Alan Scase" <Alan.Scase@...>
      10. Re: ED on the road
      From: "Randy.Rick" <steyrhahn@...>
      11. Network play?
      From: "deskproz" <deskproz@...>
      12. Re: Network play?
      From: "Randy.Rick" <steyrhahn@...>
      13. Re: Network play?
      From: "SteveP @attbi" <spatterson691@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 11:19:40 -0800 (PST)
      From: spud <spud@...>
      Subject: ed config passwords

      hey everyone, this is spud

      I am at an internet cafe in st maarten and am trying
      to continue my games while here. I brought disks
      with ED on them, but not the manual.

      can anyone give me the site that has a list of the
      passwords so I can load ED? I cannot find it

      alternatively, if you get this right now, I need page
      11, line 1, word 2

      thanks

      spud
      spud@...

      Message: 2
      Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 20:04:46 -0000
      From: "Alan Scase" <Alan.Scase@...>
      Subject: Re: ed config passwords

      page 11 line 1 word 2 is a if thats still of use to you
      Alan Scase
      I am at an internet cafe in st maarten and am trying
      to continue my games while here. I brought disks
      with ED on them, but not the manual.

      can anyone give me the site that has a list of the
      passwords so I can load ED? I cannot find it

      alternatively, if you get this right now, I need page
      11, line 1, word 2

      thanks

      spud
      spud@...

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 3
      Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 20:07:32 -0000
      From: "spud3700" <spud@...>

      alan, are you still online?

      spud

      > page 11 line 1 word 2 is a if thats still of use to you
      > Alan Scase

      Service.

      Message: 4
      Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 20:10:31 -0000
      From: "Alan Scase" <Alan.Scase@...>
      Subject: Re: Re: ed config passwords

      yes
      > page 11 line 1 word 2 is a if thats still of use to you
      > Alan Scase

      Service.

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 5
      Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 20:11:22 -0000
      From: "spud3700" <spud@...>

      can you give me page 35, line 4 word 1 (begins with an "e")

      thanks

      > > page 11 line 1 word 2 is a if thats still of use to you
      > > Alan Scase

      Service.

      Message: 6
      Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 20:15:36 -0000
      From: "Alan Scase" <Alan.Scase@...>

      my manual shows Enemy

      Alan
      can you give me page 35, line 4 word 1 (begins with an "e")

      thanks

      > > page 11 line 1 word 2 is a if thats still of use to you
      > > Alan Scase

      Service.

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 7
      Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 20:43:53 -0000
      From: "spud3700" <spud@...>
      Subject: ED on the road

      thanks to alan for helping me get ED going and apoligies to the group
      for all the messages, but . . . I have a new problem.

      Whenever i attack a unit or city or view the status report ED craps
      out and I get "Empire has caused an error in DIBENG.DLL. Empire will
      now close"

      Any ideas on how to remedy this?

      thanks

      spud

      Message: 8
      Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 12:52:34 -0800 (PST)
      From: "Randy.Rick" <steyrhahn@...>
      Subject: Re: ED on the road

      From the microsoft web site:
      CAUSE
      This behavior can occur if you are using an outdated or incompatible
      video driver, or if the video driver is damaged.
      RESOLUTION
      To resolve this issue, contact your hardware manufacturer to inquire
      about how to obtain and install an updated video driver for your
      video adapter.
      If an updated driver is not available, switch your display adapter to
      the Standard Display Adapter (VGA), and then reinstall the original
      video driver. To do this:

      Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
      Double-click Display.
      On the Settings tab, click Change Display Type or Advanced
      Properties.
      Click Change next to the Adapter Type box, or on the Adapter tab,
      click Change.
      Click Show All Devices. Note the current manufacturer and model.
      In the Manufacturers box, click (Standard Display Types).
      In the Models box, click Standard Display Adapter(VGA), and then
      click OK.
      Click Close until you return to Control Panel.
      When you are prompted to restart the computer, do so.
      Follow the instructions that came with your display adapter to
      reinstall the original video driver from the manufacturer's CD-ROM or
      floppy disk(s).

      --- spud3700 <spud@...> wrote:
      > thanks to alan for helping me get ED going and apoligies to the
      > group
      > for all the messages, but . . . I have a new problem.
      >
      > Whenever i attack a unit or city or view the status report ED craps
      >
      > out and I get "Empire has caused an error in DIBENG.DLL. Empire
      > will
      > now close"
      >
      > Any ideas on how to remedy this?
      >
      > thanks
      >
      > spud

      http://launch.yahoo.com/u2

      Message: 9
      Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 20:56:20 -0000
      From: "Alan Scase" <Alan.Scase@...>

      Only comment I can make is to ensure that the file dibeng.dll is in your
      windows\system directory
      Alan

      Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 12:54:25 -0800 (PST)
      From: "Randy.Rick" <steyrhahn@...>

      General Protection Fault in Module Dibeng.dll
      Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 for Windows 98
      Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.01 for Windows 98 SP 2
      Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 for Windows 95
      Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.01 for Windows 95
      Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 for Windows 95
      Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition
      Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
      Microsoft Windows 98
      Microsoft Windows 95
      Microsoft Windows 95 OEM Service Release 1
      Microsoft Outlook 2000

      If this article does not describe the error message that you are
      receiving, view the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article to
      view more articles that describe error messages:

      315854 Windows 98 and Windows Me Error Message Resource Center

      If this article does not describe your hardware-related issue, please
      see the following Microsoft Web site to view more articles about
      hardware:

      http://support.microsoft.com/support/windows/topics/hardware/hwddresctr.asp

      SYMPTOMS
      When you are running any of the programs listed at the beginning of
      this article, you may receive a random general protection (GP) fault
      similar to the following error message:

      Program Name caused a general protection fault in module DIBENG.DLL.
      CAUSE
      This error message can occur if an incompatible display driver is
      installed on the computer.
      RESOLUTION
      To resolve this issue, use one of the methods described in this
      section:
      Method One: Use the Windows Standard VGA Display Driver
      Use the standard VGA driver included with Windows 95, Windows 98 and
      Windows Millennium Edition (Me). To do so, use the appropriate method
      described in this section.
      Windows 95
      In Windows 95, follow these steps:
      Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then
      double-click Display.
      On the Settings tab, click Change Display Type.
      Under Adapter Type, click Change, and then click Show all devices.
      In the Manufacturers box, click (Standard display types).
      In the Models box, click Standard Display Adapter (VGA), click OK,
      click Close, and then click Close again.
      Windows 98
      In Windows 98, follow these steps:
      Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then
      double-click Display.
      On the Settings tab, click Advanced, and then click Change on the
      Adapter tab.
      Click Next, click Display a list of all the drivers in a specific
      location, so you can select the driver you want, and then click Next.
      Click Show All Devices, and then click (Standard Display Types) in
      the Manufacturers box.
      In the Models box, click Standard Display Adapter (VGA), click OK,
      and then click Next.
      Click Next, click Next again, and then click Finish.
      Click Close, click Close again, and then click Yes to restart your
      computer.
      Windows Me
      In Windows Me, follow these steps:
      Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then
      double-click Display.
      On the Settings tab, click Advanced, and then click Change on the
      Adapter tab.
      Click Next, click Specify the location of the driver (Advanced), and
      then click Next.
      Click Display a list of all the drivers in a specific location, so
      you can select the driver you want, and then click Next.
      Click Show all Hardware, and then click (Standard Display Types) in
      the Manufacturers box.
      In the Models box, click Standard Display Adapter (VGA), and then
      click Next.
      Click Yes if you receive an "Update Drive Warning" message.
      Click Next, and then click Finish.

      --- spud3700 <spud@...> wrote:
      > thanks to alan for helping me get ED going and apoligies to the
      > group
      > for all the messages, but . . . I have a new problem.
      >
      > Whenever i attack a unit or city or view the status report ED craps
      >
      > out and I get "Empire has caused an error in DIBENG.DLL. Empire
      > will
      > now close"
      >
      > Any ideas on how to remedy this?
      >
      > thanks
      >
      > spud

      http://launch.yahoo.com/u2

      Message: 11
      Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 20:56:57 -0000
      From: "deskproz" <deskproz@...>
      Subject: Network play?

      Can emoire be played over a microsoft network? what is the most
      painless why to play over two windows 98 machines through a hub?

      Message: 12
      Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 13:03:42 -0800 (PST)
      From: "Randy.Rick" <steyrhahn@...>
      Subject: Re: Network play?

      I haven't done it, but on the same lan you should be able to play
      using the remote-net option which uses netbios. Make sure your
      machine has netbios enabled. I think it is common to disable netbios
      as it broadcasts packets.

      --- deskproz <deskproz@...> wrote:
      > Can emoire be played over a microsoft network? what is the most
      > painless why to play over two windows 98 machines through a hub?

      http://launch.yahoo.com/u2

      Message: 13
      Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 13:24:16 -0800
      From: "SteveP @attbi" <spatterson691@...>

      I tried to get Empire working between my Win98 PCs over my home LAN (via a
      LAN switch) using the remote-net option, but couldn't get it to work. It
      was long enough ago that I don't remember what the problem was. I finally
      got ComT and run over my LAN that way (using the remote serial option).

      - SteveP

      --- deskproz <deskproz@...> wrote:
      > Can emoire be played over a microsoft network? what is the most
      > painless why to play over two windows 98 machines through a hub?

      [This message contained attachments]

      ---
      Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

      ---
    • trd
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 12, 2002
        NOT all women wear bikinis or anything else on the beaches of ST Martin. I
        have stayed at Oyster bay, where are you staying?
        > This may be the most helpful reply you will receive, Spud.
        >
        > You are in St. Maarten, surrounded by palm trees and gorgeous women in
        > bikinis laying out by the pool. No storms and freezing rain - nothing to
        > cope with but blue sunny skies and warm tropical breezes. You are in
        > paradise - and yet you're indoors at an internet cafe trying to play ED.
        My
        > best advice for you is to leave the cafe immediately and start living the
        > good life! :)
        >
        > General ZeD

      • Matthew Shelton
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 12, 2002
          ZeD wrote:

          >This may be the most helpful reply you will receive, Spud.
          >
          >You are in St. Maarten, surrounded by palm trees and gorgeous women in
          >bikinis laying out by the pool. No storms and freezing rain - nothing to
          >cope with but blue sunny skies and warm tropical breezes. You are in
          >paradise - and yet you're indoors at an internet cafe trying to play ED. My
          >best advice for you is to leave the cafe immediately and start living the
          >good life! :)
          >
          >General ZeD
          >
          >[snip]

          My goodness, GZ ... you quoted nearly the whole digest there ....
        • Alan Scase
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 12, 2002
            Who knows what makes a man tick. With some its women. Others. Well to each their own I say. Maybe Spud has half naked women lounging around him all day at work and wants to get away from them for a few hours.
            Alan Scase
            >This may be the most helpful reply you will receive, Spud.
            >
            >You are in St. Maarten, surrounded by palm trees and gorgeous women in
            >bikinis laying out by the pool.   No storms and freezing rain - nothing to
            >cope with but blue sunny skies and warm tropical breezes.  You are in
            >paradise - and yet you're indoors at an internet cafe trying to play ED.  My
            >best advice for you is to leave the cafe immediately and start living the
            >good life!  :)
            >
            >General ZeD
            >
            >[snip]

            My goodness, GZ ... you quoted nearly the whole digest there ....

          • spud
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 14, 2002
              I am staying at Flamingo on the Dutch side. I own a
              timeshare and have been coming here for about 12
              years now. Today we went to Orient Beach on the
              French side where clothing is optional. Had burgers
              and beer for lunch while watching the scenery.

              Even though it is paradise, and I spend most of the
              day lounging at the beach or pool, or diving, I can
              still manage to take and hour out of my busy schedule
              to play my favorite game. For me the whole package
              is the good life!

              Anyway, I was surprised the cafe let me load the game
              on their hard drive. None of the computers are
              protected at all. In the many years I have been
              coming down here I always take a break from the games
              I am in as many of you know. This is the first
              chance I have had to play while here (also first time
              in a long while since I have not had 4 kids to keep
              me busy) (hence the nude beach outing).

              Anyway, thanks to everyone for your help. I ended up
              downloading the game from Ami's site on the web ring
              and it worked on another computer.

              Gotta go to to Marigot now for some french cooking.

              spud

              spud@...