Re: [empire-deluxe] Looking to start a game - multiplayer - but with new rules

  • Pete Boggs
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 11, 2002
      Ah, Dermott,

      You still questing for the giant 6-player games that
      last 2+ years? It ain't gonna happen. You've tried and
      tried, but the game just takes too long. As soon as a
      player starts losing he loses interest and drops out.
      Even the password keeper gets tired of it. The best
      games are the two or three player games because speed
      is the lifeblood of an ED game....

      Just my opinion,

      Daddy Rabbit

      http://faith.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 11, 2002
        Hey Dermott:

        Count me in if you're still looking. I won't bail, though I won't use a
        password keeper.

        > You still questing for the giant 6-player games that
        > last 2+ years? It ain't gonna happen. You've tried and
        > tried, but the game just takes too long. As soon as a
        > player starts losing he loses interest and drops out.
        > Even the password keeper gets tired of it. The best
        > games are the two or three player games because speed
        > is the lifeblood of an ED game....
        >
        > Just my opinion,
        >
        > Daddy Rabbit
        >

        > --- Dermott Banana <dermott.banana@...> wrote:
        > > Hello Comrades,
        > >
        > > I'm wanting to start a multiplayer game. But I want
        > > it to have some new rules, mainly designed to ensure
        > > we don't get 50 turns in, and the game collapses
        > > because players become unreliable.
        > >
        > > If you're interested, and think you can commit for
        > > the 2-3 years required, and are prepared to submit
        > > to a few new rules to discourage drop-outs, then
        > > email me direct (not to the list) and we'll discuss
        > > the new rules - they aren't written in stone yet, I
        > > want to get half a dozen players first, and then
        > > we'll discuss options.
        > >
        > > Dermott Banana
        > > dermott.banana@...
        > > ICQ: 4895187

      • Nathan Foley
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 11, 2002
          I think that being a stingy, cling-to-life loser is the best part of the
          game. You'll never see me offer an honorable surrender :P

          -Nathan

          Count me in if you're still looking. I won't bail, though I won't
          use a
          password keeper.

          > You still questing for the giant 6-player games that
          > last 2+ years? It ain't gonna happen. You've tried and
          > tried, but the game just takes too long. As soon as a
          > player starts losing he loses interest and drops out.
          > Even the password keeper gets tired of it. The best
          > games are the two or three player games because speed
          > is the lifeblood of an ED game....
          >
          > Just my opinion,
          >
          > Daddy Rabbit
          >

          > --- Dermott Banana <dermott.banana@...> wrote:
          > > Hello Comrades,
          > >
          > > I'm wanting to start a multiplayer game. But I want
          > > it to have some new rules, mainly designed to ensure
          > > we don't get 50 turns in, and the game collapses
          > > because players become unreliable.
          > >
          > > If you're interested, and think you can commit for
          > > the 2-3 years required, and are prepared to submit
          > > to a few new rules to discourage drop-outs, then
          > > email me direct (not to the list) and we'll discuss
          > > the new rules - they aren't written in stone yet, I
          > > want to get half a dozen players first, and then
          > > we'll discuss options.
          > >
          > > Dermott Banana
          > > dermott.banana@...
          > > ICQ: 4895187

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • Matthew Shelton
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 12, 2002
            It's sensible to set up any ED game with some mutually agreed-upon
            victory conditions or conditions under which a player may forfeit the game.

            For example, if someone maintains control of a certain percentage of
            cities on the map as verified by the password keeper, he could be
            declared the winner by default ... the participants may also agree on a
            maximum number of players remaning for a default winner to be declared.
            A game with four or more players remaining is still a toss-up unless one
            person has somehow taken more than 3/4ths of the map with three
            opponents still in the game.

            Two players total - 75% or more
            Three players total - 67% or more
            Four players total - 50% or more (outcome is questionable since four
            little guys can bring down one big guy in a four-front war if they all
            agree to gang up on him)
          • gcjcdc@aol.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 12, 2002
              Your game sounds interesting. What are your new rules?

              Weatherman

              > --- Dermott Banana <dermott.banana@...> wrote:
              > > Hello Comrades,
              > >
              > > I'm wanting to start a multiplayer game. But I want
              > > it to have some new rules, mainly designed to ensure
              > > we don't get 50 turns in, and the game collapses
              > > because players become unreliable.
              > >
              > > If you're interested, and think you can commit for
              > > the 2-3 years required, and are prepared to submit
              > > to a few new rules to discourage drop-outs, then
              > > email me direct (not to the list) and we'll discuss
              > > the new rules - they aren't written in stone yet, I
              > > want to get half a dozen players first, and then
              > > we'll discuss options.
              > >
              > > Dermott Banana
              > > dermott.banana@...
              > > ICQ: 4895187

            • Andrew Nick
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 12, 2002
                Why won't you use a password keeper?

                Andrew Nick
                The Ayatollah of Chumpola
                "isthatthedoorareyouwearingawire?"
                www.meetthenicks.com
                    Count me in if you're still looking. I won't bail, though I won't use a
                password keeper.

                > You still questing for the giant 6-player games that
                > last 2+ years? It ain't gonna happen. You've tried and
                > tried, but the game just takes too long. As soon as a
                > player starts losing he loses interest and drops out.
                > Even the password keeper gets tired of it. The best
                > games are the two or three player games because speed
                > is  the lifeblood of an ED game....
                >
                > Just my opinion,
                >
                > Daddy Rabbit
                >

                > --- Dermott Banana <dermott.banana@...> wrote:
                > > Hello Comrades,
                > >
                > > I'm wanting to start a multiplayer game. But I want
                > > it to have some new rules, mainly designed to ensure
                > > we don't get 50 turns in, and the game collapses
                > > because players become unreliable.
                > >
                > > If you're interested, and think you can commit for
                > > the 2-3 years required, and are prepared to submit
                > > to a few new rules to discourage drop-outs, then
                > > email me direct (not to the list) and we'll discuss
                > > the new rules - they aren't written in stone yet, I
                > > want to get half a dozen players first, and then
                > > we'll discuss options.
                > >
                > > Dermott Banana
                > > dermott.banana@...
                > > ICQ: 4895187

                __________________________________________________ D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!" http://www.doteasy.com
              • Andrew Nick
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 13, 2002
                  Put me in Coach--I'm ready to play!

                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 13, 2002
                    Haven't played a game in over a year - if you're interest - count me in also...

                    Tim "Pops" Roberts
                    troberts@...

                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 13, 2002
                      Hey Dermott?  You out there?

                      If not I'll start a game myself with you guys...

                      Sent: Sunday, October 13, 2002 12:39 PM