      From: <slaughtrsg@...>
      To: <empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 6:06 AM
      Subject: Re: [empire-deluxe] Empire-like games?

      > jruss9999 wrote:
      >

      > >What other games are out there that are similar but updated? >I like the
      generic, empire-building structure of ED. Most good
      > >wargames (TOAW comes to mind) are great for certain SIMULATIONS, but
      > >not for generic army bashing. There are space games (which aren't my
      > >cup of tea), there are fantasy games (which are sometimes OK), but
      > >there don't seem to be many Crank-out-the-units-and-fight WWII-era
      > >games after ED.
      > >

      > If you have a Nintendo GameCube, or have thought about getting a game
      console, get the GameCube and then get a game called "Advance Wars."
      Believe it or not, this is a deep, complex turn-based strategy game that is
      very much like ED. It even sports 4-player multiplayer and a map editor.
      Check it out at Nintendo's website, or see the review at gamespot.com.