928Empire-like games?

  • jruss9999
    Jun 5, 2002
      I used to love Empire Deluxe, and I still think it's a good game. I
      used to play in tourneys and always had lots of PBEM games going,
      etc... But it's pretty dated now and I haven't played it in a while.

      What other games are out there that are similar but updated? An
      Empire Deluxe with stacking, supply, reinforcements, hexes, and a few
      other items would be great!

      I like the generic, empire-building structure of ED. Most good
      wargames (TOAW comes to mind) are great for certain SIMULATIONS, but
      not for generic army bashing. There are space games (which aren't my
      cup of tea), there are fantasy games (which are sometimes OK), but
      there don't seem to be many Crank-out-the-units-and-fight WWII-era
      games after ED.

      Any suggestions?

      Cheers,
      Jason