4506Re: [empire-deluxe] Original Empire Deluxe

  • emarois@att.net
    Aug 2, 2014
      I know a Ron Peterson, he lives in Florida next to a canal.

      Edward K. Marois
      Computer Programmer/Tech Support/Limited Software Support
      Realty Information Systems
      (203)869-8954
      Please direct all Emails to support@...
      http://www.rissoft.com/

      A True Property Management Software Company

      On Saturday, August 2, 2014 1:40 PM, "Barry Marks barryemar@... [empire-deluxe]" <empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I've played the original Windows version in Windows 7.  I can't remember now if I used something like VirtualBox to let me do it but I don't think I had to.  I'm not sure.

      I think I also played the both the original Empire and Empire Deluxe Dos versions using DosBox in Windows 7.

      The reason I don't remember is because these days I play EDIE or Empire Deluxe Internet Edition available at

      It's essentially the same game with a few interface improvements.  I personally don't think the AI is as good playing against the computer but the author insists it's the same AI.  I've dealt with him enough to be sure he wouldn't say that if he didn't believe it but I don't believe it and I can't account for that.  However, it's still a fun game.  Also playing it against others is far better than the original.

      Keep in mind that only the interface has been improved and only a little here and there.  It's still the game you're used to with a few new reports and keyboard shortcuts and setup options.

      They have another game on the site EDEE or Empire Deluxe Enhanced Edition and in that one the game is significantly changed.  I have both but I prefer the original style game play.

      There's also an Android version and an Ipad version which are very much like the original and with the touch interface I think they're a bit more fun to play.  These don't have all the features of the original but they have the features I care about.

      Barry

      On Sat, Aug 2, 2014 at 12:30 PM, Ron Petersen rrp251@... [empire-deluxe] <empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hi,  Just joined the group and I'm trying to find out if there is anyway to play the old original Empire Deluxe on Windows 7.  Thanks,

      Ron

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic