4474FW: Service For Peace Update Jan 16th.

  • Darrell Ray
    Jan 17, 2014

      Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 15:25:33 -0500
      From: pastor@...
      To: oaringeagle59us@...
      CC: stinger1959@...
      Subject: Fwd: Service For Peace Update

      I hope Everyone Had A Very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year! Great Thanks to Everyone for Your continued Support!

      This Monday Jan 20th is the DR. Martin Luther King, JR. National Day of Service. Info follows:
      WAVE 3 news link follows:
      Many of you may not know - Many years ago, In Louisville, SFP created the DR. MLK JR., "Season of Service". It goes from the national holiday in honor of DR. King's birthday to the anniversary date of the assassination of DR. King April 4th. Here is the razoo link for anyone who wants to help us get funds in for the 11th Annual DR. Martin Luther King, JR. Day of Service, this Monday Jan 20th - April 4th (SOS). http://www.razoo.com/story/Annual-Dr-Martin-Luther-King-Jr-Season-Of-Service You may also mail a check to Service For Peace, PO Box 17006, Lou. KY 40217.
      This year as usual, we have many volunteer service projects going on this DR. MLK JR. Day, Monday Jan. 20th. The slogan is, "Make it a Day On not a Day Off". It is all about embracing the life, legacy, and honoring Dr. King through service. Coretta Scott King stated some many years ago, before she passed away, "the very best way to honor DR. MLK, JR. was through service". This year our marquis event is at the Liberty Bible Baptist Church. We need resources, and volunteers on MLK Day (this Monday) and through the Season of Service ending April 4th. See the WAVE 3 news link above to see the story on the Liberty Bible Baptist Church in the Shawnee neighborhood. Check out the razoo link above for more info on the 11th Annual DR. Martin Luther King, JR. National Day of Service. SFP is the lead agency nationally with the National Corporation for Community Service. The NCCS is in charge of the DR. MLK, JR. "DOS" and the 9/11 National Day of Service & Remembrance. These are the only two National Days of Service. NCCS is funded & overseen by Congress.
      UAW/FORD Local 862 has come to the rescue once again - this time by honoring the life, & legacy of DR. King, by serving the people in the Shawnee neighborhood, just check out the WAVE 3 news link above. U of L will have 25 students also volunteering at the LBBC on MLK Day. Please post, e-mail blast, and get this info out to any & all!
      Always Great THANKS to Everyone for Your Support & for All the Great Things You ALL do for our Community!

      Always Pray for our Servicemen, Servicewomen, ALL First Responders, their Children & Families!

      In Service Always,

      Michael Morgan
      Operation Helping Heroes
      Christmas Angel Benefiting the Children & Families of our Military Heroes
      9/11 National Day of Service & Remembrance
      Programs Director
      Service For Peace