4381Re: [empire-deluxe] You heard it here first

  • Jim Bushnell
    Oct 4, 2013
      Agree - the pricing isn't onerous - but there are examples in the world where you 'buy/license' the media or software once and then can use or play it anywhere it is supported. Audible books and MP3s are that way now. One could argue it is one of the advantages of the cloud model.

      I would always expect to have to pay for a version for a given platform (ie Android v iOS) as there are true costs associated with moving the app to a given platform.

      Also don't mind paying as I'd like to see great apps like this stay around and not have to look at ads to play.

      On 10/4/2013 1:25 PM, Barry Marks wrote:
      I have a few Android tablets, a couple of Ipads and a Blackberry Playbook.  I have a lot of apps on all three platforms.  In every case I've had to pay for it on each platform.

      It's the same thing with Windows and Macs in all but a very few cases.  If you buy it for one platform and you want it for the other you buy it again.  It's not any different than buying a book for a Kindle and a Nook.

      I'd love to be able to pay once and use it everywhere but it's not that big a deal, especially given the price of apps.  I don't think it's unreasonable to pay on each platform.  We're not talking about a lot of money and the facilities needed to avoid that would be pretty elaborate and might even raise the price of apps. :)

      I'll buy one for Android for sure.  I may very well buy it for IOS.  I don't use the Playbook much so I probably won't buy it there, but who knows.

      On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 1:12 PM, Mark Kinkead @ Killer Bee Software <mok@...> wrote:

      I know on closed systems it is per device. I have not investigated this that deeply yet in regard to how Google Play works for Android, and will have to research what is possible and makes sense. More likely than not the app will be acquired via the app markets like ITunes or Google Play.

      Price is TBD, but I anticipate in the $3-$5 range.

      --Mark

      Sent: Friday, October 04, 2013 12:56 PM
      Subject: Re: [empire-deluxe] You heard it here first

      What will the pricing model be?
      A license required per HW platform? OS?

      For example, I have both an Android tab and phone...

      Looking forward to this!

      Jim

      On 10/4/2013 11:35 AM, Mark Kinkead @ Killer Bee Software wrote:
      EDIE is the rule set for the App version.

      I want to mention these again, it is important to note the feature list:

      EDIE rules
      Solitaire Play Only.
      Randomly generated maps only. No custom maps, no scenarios.
      No interaction with PC-based EDIE/EDEE (no saves, no maps).

      --Mark
      Sent: Friday, October 04, 2013 11:53 AM

      It sounds like you're covering all the bases.  Can you tell us anything about what to expect from the game?  It looks like EDIE in the video.  Is that pretty much what the game will be?

      I have both IDIE and IDEE and I much prefer IDIE so if that's what the gameplay is like I'm going to be especially pleased.

      Barry

      On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Mark Kinkead @ Killer Bee Software <mok@...> wrote:

      IPhone, Android, Touch-capable Blackberrys, and Windows Phone. Android and IOS mean tablets like Kindle Fire, the fancy Nook, IPads as well.

      Sent: Friday, October 04, 2013 10:19 AM

      All right!!!!  iPhone, Android or both?

      On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 11:12 AM, Mark Kinkead @ Killer Bee Software <mok@...> wrote:

      I wanted this group to be the first to get the announcement.  There is a mobile app coming! Please visit my front web page for the info.

      If folks have any questions, feel free to send them to me.