4141Pointing out something about Units Before Drain in Empire Deluxe

    Jun 19, 2012
      I am working over the EDIE patch now and someone had reported to me a bug in one of the wwii scenarios about a player not increasing production for cities producing nothing until like turn 8 or 9. It turns out that the player starts with a lot of units, and this puts him in the hole in regards to units before drain.

      The delay in an efficiency increase in this situation is not a bug. What is going on here is that the units before drain value impacts, not only the speed of units to be produced, but the speed at which a city will increase a production point when on no-production.  This holds true for ED circa 1993, EDIE, and EDEE. It was something I had forgotten until I reviewed it, and so I am sure it is a little tidbit that some folks are not aware of.