  • gacuster7th
    Nov 28 1:55 PM
      Yes its a large map with few cities but thats what I like...each city then becomes hard to find and once you do you have to hold them at all cost. Also gets every unit in play that smaller maps do not...you must create convoys with support units in order to invade and hold your beach heads...find the games of this sort more of a challenge than smaller ones...as far as the 40 hour rule...not set in stone...once players get to know each other things can be explained and worked out....time limit not really a concern...wars do last for years :)....like the wrap feature...you have to protect each flank.

      --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, John Spirko <john.spirko@...> wrote:
      > Good luck.
      > Comment:
      > For such a large size map 3000 x 3000, 200 cities seem very low. I've
      > played games on maps 225 x 225 that went beyond a year with 3 and 4 players
      > but more cities.
      > Suggest no wrap for a map that size with up to 4 players -- too easy to get
      > lost.
      > 48 hour rule.
      > It's a great idea but people can't guarantee a 100% connection. Have seen
      > several occasions where people have Internet problems with no way to
      > connect for a few days to over a week. A few years ago, our town was hit
      > with a freak October storm -- no electricity for 11 days -- a situation
      > like that would stop your game dead.
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic