3473Re: Convert old maps

  • nike_ajax
    May 9, 2007
      Thanks. Ii worked like a charm. i fell so dumb! I was able to
      convert a scenario I created based on the video game "Sea Battle"
      for the old Intellivision game system.

      Thanks Again! Great Game!

      --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Kinkead @ Killer Bee
      Software" <mok@...> wrote:

      > General Error is correct
      >
      > open the Command Prompt (or Click Start Run and type cmd)
      >
      > Nike, I believe this is what you are not doing. You need to open
      a DOS window, just running it in the
      > XP run line thing will not work.
      >
      > "cmd" is the command to get a DOS prompt. Once you have that, you
      need to change the directory
      > to where the 3.11 map is. Do this by using the 'cd' command.
      >
      > The convert program must be in the same directory as the map you
      wish to convert.

      > After that you should be good to go. This will convert the map to
      EDIE (or version 3.5).

      > Then you can convert the map in EDEE.
      >
      > LEt me know if you have anymore problems.
      >
      > --Mark

      Map Editor Convert EDIE Map

      > This worked for me
      >
      > HTH
      > Andy a.k.a GeneralError

      Windows XP
      > screen.
      >
      > I am typing convert seabat2.map on the command line. seabat2.map
      is my
      > ED 3.11 map file
      >
      > Thanks

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic