3472Re: [empire-deluxe] Convert old maps

    May 8, 2007
      General Error is correct

      open the Command Prompt (or Click Start Run and type cmd)

      Nike, I believe this is what you are not doing.  You need to open a DOS window, just running it in the
      XP run line thing will not work.

      "cmd" is the command to get a DOS prompt. Once you have that, you need to change the directory
      to where the 3.11 map is. Do this by using the 'cd' command.

      The convert program must be in the same directory as the map you wish to convert.

      After that you should be good to go. This will convert the map to EDIE (or version 3.5).

      Then you can convert the map in EDEE.

      LEt me know if you have anymore problems.

      Sent: Monday, May 07, 2007 10:57 PM
      Subject: Re: [empire-deluxe] Convert old maps

      Nike,
      Try this:
      copy convert.exe to the ...\Empirew\ Map directory
      open the Command Prompt (or Click Start Run and type cmd)
      type cd /d wherever:\you\ put\EmpireW\ Map  This could be
      cd /d c:\games\EmpireW\ Map
      type convert seabat2.map

      You can open the converted file: seabat2v35.bat using the EDEE Map Editor Convert EDIE Map

      This worked for me

      HTH
      Andy a.k.a GeneralError