3201Re: [empire-deluxe] Introduction

  • Andy Young
    Oct 5, 2005
      Gunther, my old enemy, welcome back.  I think we played in a 3 on 3 game sometime in the last century.  This group is a good place to start.  You can look for opponents in Givoni's ED Ladder

      Your proposed set up is odd, I think that adding computer players introduces a random factor that can easily tilt the game heavily in favour of the player who is farthest away from the AI, but I'll try anything once.
      --
      GeneralError

      Gunther Herzog <gruumsh@...> wrote:
      Greetings, Group!

      I'm an old-time Empire player (from before there was such a thing as
      Windows), but am relatively new to playing it online. I just got back
      into the game after a long sebbatical.

      I could not get the CD version to run under Windows 2000 Pro (I kept
      getting a "Wrong Windows Versin" error), but the freebie version
      available on the various sites works fine (go figure). Incidentally I
      still can not get the setup for the scenario disk to run. Does anyone
      know where I can simply snag the scenarios as a ZIP or RAR archive?
      I'd love to get a game going in the Russian Revolution map.

      Anyway, what is the most common/popular method? My schedule seems to
      preculude "live" play, so I'm primarily interested in getting a PBEM
      going, ideally with at least 3 people.

      Proposed scenario:

      Random map, 90 x 140, no wrapping

      All human players at advantage 2 for combat & productivity
      Computer players:
      1 at Combat Adv 3, Prod Adv 1
      1 at Combat Adv 1, Prod Adv 3

      Chow for now,