3110Re: [empire-deluxe] Re: Which Game Should I Buy?

  • H101@aol.com
    May 2, 2005
      In a message dated 5/2/2005 10:54:13 AM Central Standard Time, dbott@... writes:
      I figure I might throw in my $0.02.

      I have both EDIE and EDEE. I bought EDEE more to support
      the Killer Bees idea than because I was dying to have it. I
      thought it might be fun to have new units and
      customizability, but I was worried about the time
      commitment necessary to enjoy it.

      And as a former avid ED 3.11 player with little time for
      games these days, I have to say that my worries were
      justified.  I've tried EDEE a few times but haven't had the
      time to really make it fun yet.  OTOH I've played numerous
      EDIE games for fun by myself and a few with email
      opponents. The updated interface is wonderful for those
      happy with the units and parameters of ED. The bugs are
      gone or not a bother and this is the version I would get if
      I were just interested in rekindling the fun of ED on a new
      computer.

      If I were someone who loved ED and wanted to play again and
      I only wanted to fork over the cash for one of the two
      versions, I'd choose EDIE.

      Your mileage will vary.

      Dave

      I agree with Dave...  If you are really into games and spend lots of time with them, then perhaps EDEE should be your choice.  But, if you are like me and want to play an updated (a very good uppdate) of ED, then EDIE is a better choice.  I gotta' admit that I'm in a game now where having an engineer unit to build a canal would be great.  However, overall I'm not sure I want to invest the time (in elapsed time it takes to complete a game) to use all the units in EDEE.

      I also bought both versions to support Killer-Bee, Mark is doing a great job trying to keep a great game alive.

      Bill
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic