2785Re: Last rant about mixed up priorities

  • barryem
    Dec 1, 2004
      --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "generalerror404"
      <gyoung1@r...> wrote:
      > I am 98% certain that the pseudo random number generator and odds
      > generator match 50:50 odds for infantry verses infantry battles. I
      > am reasonably sure that the battle tests that I ran during beta
      > testing still apply and that EDIE odds are identical to those in
      > ED3.12.

      I didn't really notice any difference in infantry v infantry battles
      except when one is defending a city.

      I wonder if it might be possible that some other factor is at play
      here. For example, could the loss of comabat efficiency be greater
      in the new version after losing a battle or two. That does seem to
      be the case although I'm not confident about that. I've had games in
      ED where a whole transport full of infantry couldn't defeat a city
      attacking directly from the transport but those aren't common. It
      does seem much more common in EDIE.

      That wouldn't account for defenders of a city having less chance of
      success but could there be other differences of that kind that
      could? In that case, even though the code doing the calculations is
      the same the data it's using might be different. This is just
      speculation on my part. It occurred to me as I was writing the
      paragraph above.

    • Show all 56 messages in this topic