2596Re: [empire-deluxe] Port Forwarding

  • Randy.R
    Jul 8, 2004
      You will need to set each others IP address in the firewall for
      pass-thru.

      If you don't know your external IP address you can get it from:

      http://www.whatismyip.com/

      An easy way to configure some firewall's is to have the other person
      send a connect request to you. The firewall will report an alarm. You
      can then click on the alarm and tell it let that IP address thru.

      forwarding is another animal. What you'll want to do is tell the
      firewall to forward all requests for socket 45000 to the IP address
      that your machine has behind the wall.

      Randy

      --- debaser5552001 <greg@...> wrote:
      > I'd like to play EDIE with a friend who has a firewall, and I have
      > D-Link firewall too. How can we hook up if we both have IP
      > addresses like "192.168.0.3"?
      >
      > Debaser

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic