Fwd: [NVC-cert] Re: Alternative to certification: "Emergence" proposal

  • Conal Elliott
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2006
      Hi Jane,

      I'm glad for your clarifying questions.  I'm responding to the new group and the certification candidates group, as others may have the same questions.  Dominic offered to forward to the cnvc-certified trainers group.

      It's a new online discussion group, yahoo-style, like cnvc-trainers and nvccertificationcandidates.  That means you can either get each contribution in email or read them on the group web site (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/emergence-of-nvc), whichever is your preference.  Whichever option you prefer, no, you don't have to log to read the messages.  I set up the group permissions to be maximally open, except that I restricted posting to members, so as to prevent spamming.

      As for how many people will see your postings, I don't know at this point.  As I said, anyone who cares about this topic can come and look any time.  Moreover, the conversation is archived indefinitely, so our posts will be read by people who don't yet know about the group.

      Do these answers help?  Would you like to know anything else?

      Warmly,  - Conal

      On 11/30/06, Connor, Jane < jconnor@...> wrote:

      Conal,

      I appreciate your wanting a group for all trainers - certified and not.  But I find myself asking - who is going to receive this? is it a new list-serve? do people have to log on to read things? is it really worthwhile for me to go to the effort to post it if very few will see it?

      I applaud your initiative and am wanting some more information about what you have created to further my understanding.

      Jane

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2006
        Dear all,

        As this group grows and some folks from the CNVC Trainer's group join I will continue to forward e-mails between the two groups when the e-mail in question contains a specific request for me to do so.

        Anyone not enjoy this attempt to take care of the information flow?

        Dominic xx