Re: [emergence-of-nvc] certification question

  • Conal Elliott
    Message 1 of 8 , May 28, 2008
      Hi Bhupinder,

      Whether or not you think you're ready, you have already received certification!  In your case, your students did the certifying, via their evaluations.  That kind of bottom-up certification (attestation) is much more meaningful to me than a top-down system, which is based more on abstractions and the past than on the living, breathing present.

      In making decisions, I like to measure what I care about.  Bottom-up assessment & certification (flowing from students & clients) measure how effectively I'm helping people enjoy life.

        - Conal

      On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 8:16 AM, Bhupinder Gill <bhupindergll@...> wrote:
      Hi
      I myself really enjoy this approach.  I have received evaluations where participants over the last 2 years have indicated that they  learned and enjoyed from my teachings and yet, I am not sure that, I "am ready for certification...." or that anyone else would evaluate me for the "formal certification," papers.  I am not always enjoying the teachings and attitudes of all the formally certified trainers that I have met as they have not always met my needs.  I guess we are just all human at the end of the day....
      Bhupinder