Singular or plural?

  • (I)An-ok Ta Chai
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2008
      Heya Conal,

      I would like to have further clarity of understanding around this.
      Would you like to have this list be a place to discuss your idea, the
      "Emergence" vision, or would you like to have it be a place to discuss
      multiple different new ideas?

      This confusion in part stems from the list description where it says:

      "This group is for discussion of new directions to support...."

      That uses the word "directions", plural.

      Then later, it says:

      "so we want to create a system that nurtures..."

      That uses the phrase "a system", singular.

      Do you see now where this confusion comes from?

      Would you be willing to change the list description for there to be
      consistency, so that there would be more clarity in it? (ie, either
      just your vision or yours + multiple visions)

      It is not a matter of "rules" and "guidelines" that I am asking for
      here now. It is a matter of better understanding what the person who
      has the ability to delete others wants.

      In lib,

      (I)