fun with hats

  • Conal Elliott
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2008
      Hi (I)An-ok,

      Hurray -- thanks for accepting my dance invitation!

      Yes, the post of yours I meant was the one about "NVC Camp".  That one was a less clear choice for me, because I liked the non-mainstream, non-CNVC nature of it, and because I would have enjoyed responding here to your reluctance to use the name "NVC camp" (as I replied on the cnvc-cerification e-list), considering cnvc's "request".

      I didn't get the Emergence connection when I read your post, and I still have to squint to find it there with your help below.

      Given this perspective mismatch and that I removed your post, I'm guessing you're seeing me in the Dominator role here and having a reaction of bitter disappointment, similar to mine when I see domination in a group or person where I thought I'd found partnership.

      I'm also guessing you don't really want me to play this role and "elaborate on the standards required for having proposals kept on this list".   I'd be happy to mull over my preferences some more, and see what clarity emerges and share the result with you.  Meanwhile, I have two suggestions:

      * Find or create a mailing list for NVC event/workshops, open to all, whether or not they're interested in Emergence.  I'd be glad to see such a list exist and clearly recommended in groups like emergence-of-nvc.  You could get wider coverage with less repetition.  So would Kathi and others who want to post announcements.

      * If and when you have another announcement that you'd like to share here, and you're not sure whether we're heading for another perspective mis-match, invite me to collaborate on some mutual clarity before posting.  For instance, I'd be delighted to see a post from you that clearly related "NVC Camp" to the Emergence vision, very briefly described the camp and gave a link to a web page, wiki, forum, etc with details and chance for discussion.  I bet you'd be also happier with the coherence of the discussion.  If you want help with the techie aspects, just ask.

      Sound fun?

        - Conal