Re: THE DRESSING OF SAYYIDINA RASULULLAH SALLALLAHU 'ALAYHI WASALLAM

  • veretest
    Message 1 of 329 , Dec 1, 2004
      62) HADITH NUMBER 10
      Baraa bin 'Aazib (R.A) says: "I have vever seen anybody more
      handsome in red clothing than Rasulullah (S.A.W). At that time, the
      hair of Rasulullah (S.A.W) reached his shoulders.

      COMMENTARY
      This hadith has been mentioned in the first chapter. It is repeated
      here because of the red-coloured clothing.
    • veretest
      Message 329 of 329 , Jun 3, 2008
        (347) Hadith Number 5.
        Anas bin Maalik Radiyallahu 'Anhu said: "Rasulullah
        Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam used the treatment of cupping on both
        sides of his mubaarak neck and between both shoulders, and generally
        took this treatment on the seventeenth, nineteenth or the twenty
        first of the (lunar) month".

        Commentary
        In some ahaadith, the benefit of these dates are also mentioned. The
        unaani hakims also agree with this. It is reported that Ibn Sina
        said it is not beneficial to take treatment of cupping in the
        beginning and end of the month, this treatment should be taken in
        the middle of the (lunar) month. From this hadith we find that
        Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam took this treatment
        many times, and on different days, and from the ahaadith that
        follow, we also find that it was taken at different places. The Jews
        gave Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam strong poison
        in his food. They intended to kill him, so that the question of
        their opposition may be eliminated. Although
        Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu'Alayhi Wasallam did not eat the
        whole portion of the poisoned meat, but the effect of the portion
        eaten was, that it used to trouble him at different times,
        especially in the summer the effects used to occur frequently. The
        place where it used to pain the treatment of cupping was applied. As
        poison mixes into the blood stream, its effects and pains are felt
        on different parts of the body.