Qatar Airways' Canadian Pilot Embraces Islam in Doha

  • saleena beegum
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2004
      Qatar Airways' Canadian Pilot Embraces Islam in Doha

      DOHA: Neil Sharp, a Canadian pilot working with Qatar Airways has embraced Islam in Doha. He declared his acceptance of Islam as his faith at a simple ceremony at Qatar Centre for the Presentation of Islam (QCPI) three days ago.

      Speeking to Arrayah news paper, sharp said: "Islam is a very practical religion. It offers a lot of intellectual stimulation. The two main concepts of oneness of God and brotherhood of man are some thing unique about Islam. There is no intermediary between man and his creator.

      "The Stipulation for prayer five times a day is an effective means of direct communion with Allah the Almighty and the weekly congregation of Juma prayer is a good opportunity for social interaction."

      "The prohibition imposed by Islam on liquor and pork is for the good of mankind. It is medically proven that these things are harmful to man's health. It was my late father who two decades ago introduced me to Islam. Since then I have been reading a lot about Islam and have gone through a lot of introspection. Finally, I decided Islam is the religion of my choice."

      'It may seem strange to many, especially in the west, that I have embraced a religion that is an anathema to them in the context of terrorism. My answer to such a comment is that Islam as a religion is not to be blamed for terrorism. Islam does not instigate its followers to indulge in terrorist acts. All acts of terrorism have to be viewed in their respective local context."

      Speaking to a congregation of Muslim brothers at a mosque on Saturday evening, Sharp said he was pleased to have become a muslim just a couple of weeks before the beginning of the blesssed month of Ramadan. He is looking forward to observing this important pillar of Islam.

      When asked what other considerations he had for his choice of Islam, he said: "I was attracted among other things by the unquestionable solid base of the Islamic faith and its discipline."

      A large number of Muslims who had gathered at the mosque for Maghrib prayer welcomed Sharp and exchanged greetings with their new Muslim brother.

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • MOKHTAR SHEBANI

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 20, 2004

[...]

          Qatar News Agency - 26/9/2004

                                                  _.oo.
                          _.u[[/;:,.        _,odMMMMMM'
                       .o888UU[[[/;:-.  .o&P^'   MMM^
                      oN88888UU[[[/;::-.        dP^
                     dNMMNN888UU[[[/;:--.   .o&P^
                    ,MMMMMMN888UU[[/;::-. o&^
                    NNMMMNN888UU[[[/~.o&P^
                    888888888UU[[[/o7^-..
                   oI8888UU[[[/o&P^:--...
          dMMMMMMM&^`       `^^^^^^
          YMMMUP^
          ^^''      A M A D A N  K A R E E M

        • ||||||US Doha®™
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 26, 2004

[...]

            ^^''       H  A  V  E   A   N  I  C  E   D  A  Y