Some Rules in Performing Jihad

  • veretest
    Message 1 of 456 , Nov 1, 2003
      A believer cannot transgress the limits established by God.
      Therefore, he must observe the rules prescribed by God for fighting.
      Some of these rules which we have deduced from the Qur'an and the
      practice of the Prophet Muhammad, upon him be peace and blessings,
      are as follows:

      1. A believer is one from whom God has bought his life and wealth in
      exchange for Paradise (al-Tawba, 9.111). He has dedicated himself to
      the cause of God and intends only to gain His good pleasure. So,
      whoever fights for other causes such as fame or material gain, or
      for racial or other ideological considerations of similar nature, he
      will not be regarded as a fighter with whom God is pleased.

      2. God decrees in the Qur'an:

      Fight in the way of God against those who fight against you, but do
      not transgress. God does not love transgressors. (al-Baqara, 2.190)

      The believers are told that they should not take up arms against
      those who are not in opposition to the true faith, and that they
      should not resort to unscrupulous methods or to the indiscriminate
      killing and pillage which have characterized the wars of every era
      of ignorance, whether in the past or at present. The excesses
      alluded to in the verse above are acts such as taking up arms
      against women and children, the old and the injured, mutilation of
      the dead bodies of the enemy, devastation through the destruction of
      fields and livestock, and other similar acts of injustice and
      brutality. The verse stresses that force should be used only when
      its use is unavoidable, and only to the extent that is absolutely
      necessary.
    • veretest
      Message 456 of 456 , Oct 4, 2010
        Assalam-o-Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

        Book 039, Number 6738:
        Anas b. Malik reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said that

        one amongst the denizens of Hell who had led a life of ease and plenty amongst the people of the world would be made to dip in Hell-Fire only once on the Day of Resurrection and then it would be said to him: O, son of Adam, did you find any comfort, did you happen to get any material blessing? (in the world) He would say: By Allah, no, my Lord. And then that person from amongst the persons of the world be brought who had led the most miserable life (in the world) from amongst the inmates of Paradise. and he would be made to dip once in Paradise and it would be said to him. O, son of Adam, did you face, any hardship? Or had any distress fallen to your lot? And he would say: By Allah, no, O my Lord, never did I face any hardship or experience any distress. [Muslim]

        Subhanallah--- see the comparison… someone who spent the most luxurious, comfortable life in the world and that person is just given "one dip" in the Hell-Fire, he will forget all of the luxury and comfort of this life, as if he never experienced any…
        Opposite to this is the person who lived a most miserable life in this world and is "dipped" in Paradise for a moment, he will forget about any difficulty he faced on this earth…

        Paradise is something the eyes have never seen, the ears have never heard or even a brain ever imagined… don't you want to be there? Let your actions reflect that… think about how many hours per day, we spend on "chasing after this world" and how many hours per day we spend for the causes of Allah (swt) and His Deen?