Severing ties with one's relatives

  • veritest
    Message 1 of 202 , Sep 1, 2002
      51. Rasûlullâh sallallâhu `alayhi wa sallam said: "The actions
      and `ibâdât of all the people are presented to Allah every Friday night.
      The good deeds of a person who severs his ties with his relatives (or
      does not maintain good relations with them) are not accepted."

      The upbringing of orphans

      52. Rasûlullâh sallallâhu `alayhi wa sallam said: "I and the person who
      undertakes the task of taking care of orphans will be together in jannah
      like this"...he indicated this with his index finger and middle finger and =

      left a small gap between them.

      53. Rasûlullâh sallallâhu `alayhi wa sallam said: "The person who
      passes his hand over the head of an orphan solely for the pleasure of
      Allah will receive a reward for each hair that his hand touches. And the
      person who is kind towards a female or male orphan and I will be
      together in jannah just as the index finger and the middle finger are next =

      to each other."

      Causing harm to one's neighbours

      54. Rasûlullâh sallallâhu `alayhi wa sallam said: "The person who
      harms his neighbour has in fact harmed me and the person who harms
      me has in fact harmed Allah. The person who fights with his neighbour
      has in fact fought with me and the person who fights with me has in fact
      fought with Allah."

      The meaning of this is that it is detestable to fight and argue with one's =

      neighbour unnecessarily or over trivial matters.
    • veretest
      Message 202 of 202 , Aug 4 7:30 AM
        As-Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu

        Narrated Abu Huraira (Radhiallaho anho):
        The Prophet (sallallaahu'alaihi wasallam) said, "Whoever
        established prayers on the night of Qadr out of sincere faith
        and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his previous sins
        will be forgiven; and whoever fasts in the month of Ramadan out
        of sincere faith, and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all
        his previous sins will be forgiven."

        Bukhari Vol. 3 : No. 125