15 Ways to Increase Earnings
In the name of Allah, the Most-Merciful, the All-Compassionate"May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon You"Praise be to Allaah, we seek His help and His forgiveness. We seek refuge with Allaah from the evil of our own souls and from our bad deeds. Whomsoever Allaah guides will never be led astray, and whomsoever Allaah leaves astray, no one can guide. I bear witness that there is no god but Allaah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger.Bismillah Walhamdulillah Was Salaatu Was Salaam 'ala RasulillahAs-Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu
15 Ways to Increase Earnings
with Proofs from Quran and SunnahTaken from Yasir Qadhi's book"15 Ways to increase your earnings from Quran and Sunnah."
1. The Taqwa of AllahAnd whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). (2) And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allâh has set a measure for all things.
[Surah Al-Talq, Verse 2-3]
And if the people of the towns had believed and had the Taqwa (piety), certainly, We should have opened for them blessings from the heaven and the earth, but they did not believe (the Messengers). So We took them (with punishment) for what they used to earn (polytheism and crimes).
[ Surah Al-Araf, Verse 96]
2. Seeking forgiveness and repentance"I said (to them): 'Ask forgiveness from your Lord; Verily, He is Oft-Forgiving; (10) 'He will send rain to you in abundance; (11) 'And give you increase in wealth and children, and bestow on you gardens and bestow on you rivers.' "
[Surah Nooh, Verses 10-12]
"And O my people! Ask forgiveness of your Lord and then repent to Him, He will send you (from the sky) abundant rain, and add strength to your strength, so do not turn away as Mujrimun (criminals, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah)."
[Surah Hood, Verse 52]
And (commanding you): "Seek the forgiveness of your Lord, and turn to Him in repentance, that He may grant you good enjoyment, for a term appointed, and bestow His abounding Grace to every owner of grace (i.e. the one who helps and serves needy and deserving, physically and with his wealth, and even with good words). But if you turn away, then I fear for you the torment of a Great Day (i.e. the Day of Resurrection).
[Surah Hood, Verse 3]
3. TawakkulUmar Ibn Al-Khattab reported that Prophet (peace be upon him) said,
"If you were to put trust in Allah (Tawakkul) the way that Allah deserves, then you would be provided for as birds are; they leave (in search of food) at the beginning of the day famished, and return at the end of the day full"
[Shaykah Al-Abani’s Silsilat Al-Sahihah, # 310]
And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allah has set a measure for all things.
[Surah Al-Talq, Verse 2-3]
4. Constantly worshiping AllahAbu Hurayrah stated that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said,
"Allah says, ‘O son of Adam! Take time out to constantly worship me, I will fill your chest with richness , and remove your poverty. And if you do not do so. I will make your hands filled with occupation, and will not remove your poverty”
[Shaykh Al-Albani declared it to authentic in his Sunan Al-Tirmidhi]
5.Thanking AllahAnd (remember) when your Lord proclaimed: "If you give thanks (by accepting Faith and worshiping none but Allah), I will give you more (of My Blessings), but if you are thankless (i.e. disbelievers), verily! My Punishment is indeed severe."
[Surah Ibrahim, Verse 7]
6. Frequently performing Hajj and UmrahIt has been reported by ‘bdullah Ibn Masud that the Prophet of Allah (peace be upon him) said:
"Follow up between Hajj and Umrah (i.e. continuously repeat the performance of Hajj and Umrah) because they both eliminate poverty and sins just like a furnace eliminates the dirty impurities of iron, gold and silver. And an accepted Hajj has no reward less than paradise"
[ Shaykh Al-Albani in Sahih Sunan Al-Tirmidhi (1/245)]
7. Establishing the ties of kinshipAbu Hurayrah reported that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said:
“Whoever is pleased with the fact that his Rizq be increased, and his life-span be extended, then let him establish the ties of kinship”
[Al-Bukari, # 5985]
8. Spending in the Way of AllahSay: "Truly, my Lord enlarges the provision for whom He wills of His slaves, and (also) restricts (it) for him, and whatsoever you spend of anything (in Allah's Cause), He will replace it. And He is the Best of providers."
[Surah Saba, Verse 39]
Abu Hurayrah said that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said:
“ Allah has said: ‘O Son of Adam! Spend I will spend on you!”
[Sahih Muslim (2/690)]
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said:
“There is not a single day in which a servant wakes that two angels come down (from the Heavens). One of them says, O’ Allah! Give to the one that spends a substitute (for what he has spent). And the other one says, ‘O Allah! Give to the one that withhold some (his money) destruction!”
9. Hijrah, Emigrating for the sake of AllahHe who emigrates (from his home) in the Cause of Allah, will find on earth many dwelling places and plenty to live by. And whosoever leaves his home as an emigrant unto Allah and His Messenger, and death overtakes him, his reward is then surely incumbent upon Allah. And Allah is Ever Oft¬Forgiving, Most Merciful.
[Surah Al-Nisa, Verse 100]
10. MarriageAnd marry those among you who are single (i.e. a man who has no wife and the woman who has no husband) and (also marry) the Salihun (pious, fit and capable ones) of your (male) slaves and maid-servants (female slaves). If they be poor, Allah will enrich them out of His Bounty. And Allah is All-Sufficent for His creatures' needs, All-Knowing (about the state of the people).
[Surah Al-Nur, Verse 32]
11.Supporting students of Islamic knowledgeAnas Ibn Malik said,
"There were two brothers (that lived) at the time of the Prophet (peace be upon him). One of them would come to Prophet (peace be upon him), whereas the other one would seek his sustenance (by working). So the the one who used to seek his sustenance complained to the Prophet (peace be upon him) about his brother. The Prophet (peace be upon him) replied,
‘It is possible that you are provided your rizq because of him’"
[Shaykh Al-Albani agreed it to be authentic, Saheeh Sunan Al-Tirmidhi(2/274)]
12. Showing kindness to the PoorThe Prophet (peace be upon him) said,
"The only reason that you are aided in victory (against your enemies) and provided with sustainance due to your weak?"
13. Being honest in ones dealingsThe Prophet (peace be upon him) said:
"The two parties of a transaction have the right (to annul the contract) as long as they don't separate (from each other). So, if they were truthful (to one another), and honest in explaining (the defects of an item), then they will be blessed in their transaction. But, if they lied, and hid (the defects of an item) then the blessings of their transaction are destroyed"
[Muslim, # 3836]
14.Making the Hereafter One’s main ConcernOnce Zayd Bin Thabit wa with Marwan, the leader of the City, when he went to visit Abd Al-Rahman Ibn Uthman Bin Affan, Abd Al-Rahman said, "Nothing caused him to come here, at this hour except a question that he wants to ask." So he asked him (what the matter was). He replied, "He (meaning Marwan) asked us about matters that we heard the Prophet :saws: say".
I heard the Prophet (peace be upon him) say
"Whoever puts this world as his only (and primary) goal, them Allah will divide his affairs for him, and He will place poverty before his eyes, and nothing will come to him of this world except that which was already written (i.e. pre-destined) for him. But whoever made the Hereafter his goal, the Allah will gather his affairs for him, and he will place richness in his heart, and the world will come to him conquered and submissive"
[Al-Albani Silsila As-Saheehah, #950 ]
15. Striving to achieve the goal (for sustainance)Taken from Yasir Qadhi's book "15 Ways to increase your earnings from Quran and Sunnah."He knows that there will be some among you sick, others traveling through the land, seeking of Allah's Bounty; yet others fighting in Allah's Cause. So recite as much of the Quran as may be easy (for you), and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat) and give Zakat, and lend to Allah a goodly loan, And whatever good you send before you for yourselves, (i.e. Nawafil non-obligatory acts of worship: prayers, charity, fasting, Hajj and Umrah), you will certainly find it with Allah, better and greater in reward. And seek Forgiveness of Allah. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most-Merciful
[Surah Al-Muzammil, Verse 20]Permission is granted to circulate among private individuals and groups, to post on Internet sites and to publish in full text and subject title in not-for-profit publications.