Hadith

  • Shaik Sadek
    Message 1 of 40 , Oct 2, 2011

      One should spend the life in such a manner that after death when he is taken to the graveyard for burial, he should be in a position to say: “Hasten to take me to my grave so that I can enjoy Divine blessings there.”

              Abu Said Al Khudri (Radhiallahu Anhu) reported: Messenger of Allah (salla-Llaahu ‘alayhi wa-sallam) said, “When a dead body is placed on a bier and men carry it on their shoulders, if the deceased was pious, it (the corpse) will say: Take me in haste’ : but if he was not, it will say (to its bearers): Woe to it. Where are you taking it?’ Everything except man hears its voice. Had a human being heard its voice, he would have surely died.” (Al-Bukhari)

      Commentary: The speech of a dead is a matter of the realm of the Unseen (or Al-Ghaib) which is mentioned in this Hadith. A deceased person will certainly say what has been disclosed here. A Muslim must have absolute faith in it. Almighty Allah is certainly capable of endowing the power of speech on a deceased person as he does speak with the angels (Munkar and Nakir) when they come to the dead in the grave and question him. This Hadith is intended to induce people to virtues so that after death, one has not to say: “Woe to me! Where are you taking me?” One should spend the life in such a manner that after death when he is taken to the graveyard for burial, he should be in a position to say: “Hasten to take me to my grave so that I can enjoy Divine blessings there.”

    • embracingislam-owner@yahoogroups.com
      Message 40 of 40 , Apr 2, 2013

        Imaam Hasan radiyallahu anhu says, "I asked my (maternal) uncle Hind ibn Abi Haalah, who always described the noble features of Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam to describe to me the manner in which Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam spoke. He replied that Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam was always worried (about the hereafter). And always busy thinking (about the attributes of Allah and the betterment of the Ummah). Because of these things he was never free from thought and never rested (or because of worldly affairs he did not gain rest, but gained rest and contentment from religious well being. It is mentioned in the hadith that the coolness of my eyes is in salaah). He always spoke clearly from beginning to end. (He did not speak in a manner where only half sentences are spoken and the other half remained in the mind of the speaker, as is prevalent among snobbish high-minded and proud people). He spoke concisely, where the words are less and meaning more. (Mulla Ali Qaari has collected forty such ahaadith in his commentary which are very short). Every word was clearer than the previous one. There was no nonsensical talk, nor was there half-talks' where the meaning was not complete and could not be grasped. He was not short-tempered, nor did he disgrace anyone. He always greatly appreciated the blessings of Allah even though it might be very minute, he did not criticize it.

        He did not criticize food, nor over-praised it (The reason for not criticizing food is clear, that it is a blessing from Allah. The reason for not praising it is because it might be felt that one is gluttonous. Nevertheless, he praised food if it was to make someone happy, and sometimes praised some special things). He was never angered for anything materialistic. (The reason being that he did not pay much attention, and did not care much about materialistic things).

        If someone exceeded the limits in religious matters or against the truth, he became so angry that no one could endure it, nor could anybody stop it till he avenged it. If for some reason he made a gesture or pointed at something, he did it with a full hand. (The ulama say the reason being that it is against humbleness to point with one finger only. Some ulama say it was his noble habit to signal oneness of Allah with one finger, therefore he did not signal anyone in that manner). When he was surprised by something he turned his hands, and when he spoke sometimes while talking, he moved his hands, he sometimes hit the palm of his right hand with the inside part of his left thumb. When he became angry with someone, he turned his face away from that person, and did not pay attention to that person or he forgave that person. When he was happy due to humility it seemed as if he had closed his eyes. The laugh of Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam was mostly a smile, at that moment his mubarak front teeth glittered like white shining hailstone.

        Commentary

        Every sentence of it should be read carefully and one should try to emulate them as much as possible. Every action of Sayyidina Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam is complete in humbleness and etiquette. Sayyidina Hind ibn Abi Haalah radiyallahu anhu is a step brother of Sayyiditina Faatimah radiyallahu anha.

        ~Shamaail Tirmidhi, Chapter on the speech of Nabi Sallallahu alaihi Wa Sallam~